SkyBell HD Image issues

Is my skybell picture suppose to look like this

It has a pink hue as you can see

Happy to assist!

The image you provided is not typical of the SkyBell HD.

Is the image tinted this way throughout the day, does it look like this in the evening as well?.

It appears that the camera lens is getting the full brightness of the sun. That coupled with the red brick here could possibly be creating this coloring. Are you able to adjust the position (possibly by hand) of the SkyBell and if so is it still producing this tint?

There is a wedge mount kit for the Slim although I am unsure that it is for sale yet. The part number would be ADC-VACC-DB-WM-S

I have exactly same issue …Just got ADC-VDB105 and image quality is good except it has pink / purple tint. Did you ever resolved it ?

We’ve not heard a follow up on this concern. Are you able to adjust your Skybell angle as a test and see if that affects the tint?

Thanks for the quick reply. I moved my skybell around with same issue. Please see image attached . It is running lates fw 3038

Presumably that is red brick prominent in the camera shot? You’ll want to angle the camera so the brick is out of the left side of the frame. As the original response in this thread indicates, that combined with the direct sunlight is likely the cause.

Angle the cam away from the brick, then power cycle the cam. Any luck?

I moved the cam around with same results … i think i know whats causing it but not sure whats long term fix would be. Basically if i reset doorbell by holding button down for 30-45 sec it works fine for a day. Once it gets dark and IR turns on it stays on forever. This is whats causing Ping hue is infrared lights. is there way to control IR from alarm.com ?

Basically if i reset doorbell by holding button down for 30-45 sec it works fine for a day. Once it gets dark and IR turns on it stays on forever. This is whats causing Ping hue is infrared lights. is there way to control IR from alarm.com ?

That makes sense, thank you for testing. You can control IR manually on IP cameras through Alarm.com but not doorbell cameras. We are reaching out to Alarm.com to check if there are known fixes for this behavior.

Hi, did you received any fix for this issue?
Thx

I think this was present on a small number of units and was firmware related iirc. Make sure you have the latest firmware.

I don’t see a related Surety subscription, if you use the Skybell through Alarm.com via another service provider, you can check for firmware updates under Video settings in Alarm.com.

If you are using the Skybell directly with the Skybell app, be sure to contact the manufacturer for assistance.