simon xti z wave lights controls

that is why. it doesn’t make any sense they will make like that, but guess just have to deal with it. Thanks for you help Jason!

Do you know how to update the secondary touchpad with light controls? Tried to update the touchpad, but it still doesn’t work. Any ideas?

Please provide the model number of the keypad. Are you unable to control any devices via the secondary pad? Are there no zwave controls listed?

What steps have you taken so far?

60-924-RF-TS-N is the model of the keypad.

Yes i am unable to control the z wave devices on the keypad. Arm and unarm and status of the sensors works fine.

The only step i took was to connect the keypad to the main unit.

You mention you tried to update the touchpad, on the secondary pad, did you use the Interactive Services > Zwave Setup > Update 2wtts option?

The secondary pad will not automatically receive Zwave devices when added and must be manually updated in a Simon system.

If this does not resolve the issue, what is the distance between the main panel and secondary? Are you able to bring the two closer together and attempt the update?

I did try the 2wtts update option, but it didn’t work. The sub panel is separated by an open staircase to the 2nd floor about 15-20ft.

After updating have you power cycled the secondary pad?

i havent tried that yet. I’ll try the update and power cycle.