Simon XTI - Unable to add/remove Zwave Devices

I’m having this issue to where I am unable to add/delete z-wave devices on my Simon Xti. I also can’t enter replicate mode.

Just to give some background, I use a Vera as Primary and the GE Simon XTI as the secondary. I had to delete and re-add my devices into the Simon XTI as I added some. My usual procedure is here:

1. Do a factory reset with the z-wave on the Simon Xti. Verify there are 0 devices.

2. Do a rediscovery on the Simon Xti

3. Do an add/delete on a generic z-wave device I have. I have to do this to refresh deleting all devices on alarm.com (Side note: Not sure why I have to do this. But if I do a Comm test alone it never updates)

4. Do a Comm Test

5. Verify devices are removed from alarm.com

6. Go in replicate mode on XTI and Add mode in Vera. Rediscover devices and another comm test.

Now I done this on Sunday night and the factory z-wave reset was taking forever. I now can’t add/delete zwave devices on the Simon Xti. I get “unable to enter add mode”. It’s still doing it as of this morning as I thought I would just give it a rest as I had other things to do. Now that I am back to working on this, I am still stuck. The panel says there are 0 z-wave devices and my devices are showing in alarm.com (missing my lock, but sometimes that is a known issue during my syncing. I have to resync). Since the z-wave is not responding on the Simon Xti, there is some kind of failure here.

I’m thinking the next step would have to involve turning off the Simon Xti by unplugging the battery and the transformer. But wanted to check with you guys first. Is there a “reset” command you can send?

I’m thinking the next step would have to involve turning off the Simon Xti by unplugging the battery and the transformer. But wanted to check with you guys first. Is there a “reset” command you can send?

A power cycle is probably a good step to determine whether the Z-wave process is stuck/failed.

We can try sending a hard reset command if you would prefer. That will approximate a full power cycle locally.

Would you like us to go ahead and send one now?

Sure go ahead and resend. I am not around the panel at this time.

We’ve sent that command now. It should go through within a few minutes.

I had a chance to be in front of my panel and I did unplug everything as well. After booting everything back up, I was able to add/delete devices again. And I did a refresh request for the weather. All is good here now. Thanks for your assistance.