Simon XTi and ZWave Lock

I just had my new simon xti system activated today and everything seems to work via alarm.com but I’m still having issues with my kwikset 910 lock. I’ve deleted then re-added it a few times but it still won’t lock and unlock very well. I have to press lock or unlock at the panel a few times to get it to unlock. Its about 17 feet from panel. I have yet to have it unlock or lock by sending a command from the alarm.com app, it just times out.

Not sure what else I can do. Are there any updates for the simon xti or the zwave module? Is there anything you can see from your end on my system? When I login to alarm.com via my web browser it says that lock ID 3 has a malfunction but that’s it, I can’t see any other details.

Thank You

Are you learning the lock into the panel with both in their mounted locations?

You will want to learn the lock in within close proximity to the panel. This will necessitate removing one of the two and moving them closer. Typically this is easier to do with the panel (and better if you have multiple devices to learn in)

The distance between the two during the learning process is very important and can cause problems.

Are there any updates for the simon xti or the zwave module?

I believe with Simon modules any and all updates require physical replacement of the module. That would not really affect this case though. The version your panel is reporting should have no trouble with a Kwikset lock I should think.

Ok I got it now. Thanks for the help. The first time I did it near the panel but it took forever and never got a message it added, after 5 minutes it went back to the default screen but showed 1 device added so I thought it was good. After trying again like you said I first deleted it then reset the zwave module and tried again with the panel close to the lock. This time it added quickly and it said added. I just tested everything with the panel back on the wall and I can lock and unlock at the panel and with the app. Boy these things can be fussy sometimes.