Simon XT module failure

I have a Simon XT panel it has the Verizon chip. The module fails to connect I already reset the panel and removed and reinstalled the middle but it still fails to connect. I just purchased the self monitoring service but I haven’t been able to connect the panel with you guys because of the module problem.

Is this a new module with the Simon XT or is it a module you previously used?

For the Simon XT to be compatible with LTE modules it needs to be a version 1.3 or newer panel.

From the Disarmed home screen, press the up or down arrow until Revision appears. The number next to Revision is the firmware version of the panel.

Yes it the module it came with and it’s revision 1.6

Can you upload a photo of any error message you see when running a communication test at the panel?

It used to have a error message saying GSM Module failure but I cleared it by doing the power cycle. Now the L1 led flashes once inside the panel and when I try to do the comm test it doesn’t give me the option to do so.

Hmm, I am seeing a very odd result here. I have sent a couple commands to the module and they were acknowledged, but all the initial commands are not being generated as though the panel is not reporting back.

It does in fact seem like the module is powered but the panel is not able to communicate with it.

Did you remove or install the module while the panel was powered up? All power should be removed from the panel first before physically adding or removing the module.

Can you try powering it down, removing the module completely, then power up. Let it fully boot up without the module, wait five minutes, then power down completely again.

Add the module back, make sure there are no bent pins and that it is connected firmly. Then plug in battery followed by the transformer to power back up.

Any luck after that?

No luck did everything you said L1 light still flashes and it doesn’t give me the option to do a comm test.

Is the L1 light still flashing once after following the above troubleshooting steps? If so, module replacement would be recommended.