Silent Alarm on IQ Panel 2

Is there a way to trigger alarms silently? In my use case, I believe I’m probably 10x as likely to accidentally trigger an alarm than I am to have a real, necessary alarm trigger. I’m worried my dog will be traumatized by the loud noise, plus I like the idea of not alerting a burglar that the alarm is in fact triggering (if they don’t hear the countdown and notice the panel in time). In my mind, it increases the chances that the police catch them in the act.

This happened accidentally once when the countdown was also silenced which we still haven’t identified how that happened. I don’t want the countdown to be silent though, because it greatly increases the odds that we open a door without realizing the panel is armed and then trigger the alarm. I just want the alarm itself to be silent when Armed Away (either by panel or using the Away scene from ADC app). When Armed Stay, I want the Alarm to not be silent.

Unfortunately there is no way I am aware of to have silent alarms during away and audible during stay. You can program certain sensors as silent burglary zones, or you can manually disable the siren in settings, but it would apply to all circumstances. (Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Siren and Alarms)

plus I like the idea of not alerting a burglar that the alarm is in fact triggering (if they don’t hear the countdown and notice the panel in time). In my mind, it increases the chances that the police catch them in the act.

I get this, but the alarm system is not really implemented to trick or trap intruders. Announcing that an alarm has tripped and police/owners are aware of the intrusion is one of the benefits.

Thanks Jason, I thought this might be the case. I don’t want to silence the alarm in all situations so I guess I’ll have to wait for a firmware update or a new panel to come out that offers this feature.

I could see pros/cons to each scenario (silent vs. loud) as it relates to intruders.

This is certainly something we will pass on as a request to the manufacturer. Feedback and feature requests are always good, though I can’t say whether or not they would be implemented.