(1) Two-Way Communication (with the Monitoring Station) has always seemed to me an essential feature, one of several ways the 2GIG panel seems to outperform the ‘Napco Gemini’ hard-wired/landline system that was set up in our home 8 years ago, and with the Napco it has probably been over 6 years since we let our Monitoring Station contract lapse (though impressively, 8 years later and without maintenance, all of the hard-wired motion sensors appear fully functional). We’re very much interested in the 2GIG, so just to confirm: In the event that a burglar has someone captive when the Monitoring Station personnel comes online and asks for feedback, there is a designated ‘fake’ password that the personnel are trained to treat as a tacit plea for help, correct? Or perhaps the personnel ask for a password, and if the real password is not spoken (i.e., silence or some fake password), the police would be alerted?
(2) Is it possible to add your Signal Booster to an initial order, prior to the installation/testing phase? Are there any other types of upgrades out there, perhaps a alternate antenna for the Verzion/2GIG Control Panel?
(3) Do you have any experience with the Verizon/Samsung Network Extender (SCS-2U01) – compared/combined with your own Signal Booster – for 2GIG Panels that use the Verizon communicator? Can one actually use both your Signal Booster and the Samsung Extender, at the same time? Would that be beneficial, do you think? Or perhaps with either the [Verizon Communicator + Extender] or [Verizon Communicator + Extender + Booster] option, would there instead be a greater chance of problematic dropping/switching/etc. compated to [Verizon Communicator only], given there will often be 3 Verizon mobile phones active in the house as well? Are there precautions we can take to prevent such problems (e.g., place Booster and/or Extender in same room as router/modem and 2GIG Panel, place them all in an upstairs room, etc.)? Would you guess that the Samsung Network Extender for Business (the SCS-2U3100 - two of these units can supposedly be linked for seamless hand-off) be a better option for this reason (or for any other reason)? [Comparison / Some Remarks]
(4) In short, what do you think would be the best/most reliable configuration (a) for a residence rated as ‘Verizon: Full Coverage’, but (b) where there are definite dead spots, © the signal is rated 2/5 bars or less everywhere in the house, and (d) we have been thinking of getting the Extender anyway, to improve call quality/stability.
(5) For a residence without pets, with a stable interior temperature, and where images are not needed (already have non-alarm.com cloud-based storage of motion-activated snapshots), are the motion detectors functionally about the same? Is the reduction of false alarms entirely due to pet-immunity, or is there some other way that the 5898 (or the IMAGE1) is functionally better than (for example) the PIR1-345?
(6) Perhaps I’m missing something very obvious, but I’m not sure I see the separate store page for the optional/sold separately “extra door sensor” that is mentioned in the description of the “MyQ Garage” Controller.
Thanks for making the Blog/Forum such a helpful resource!