Should I have gotten an Alarm?

Joy of grandchildren visit this holiday weekend had me running to disarm system a couple times before they flew out the door.

There were two different events that I guess I just caught it in time before it went into alarm mode, but if memory is correct there was not this delay in the past. Both events were in the STAY NO DELAY mode and the log does show that I disarmed at a moment in time AFTER the sensor. No alarm either time. Please review log for 27 May between 1730 and 1951 hours, and 25, 26 MAY between 2239 and 0819 hrs.

Another occasion was different, this was in an AWAY mode. Set alarm as I have done many times, and exited front door. To get to front door I do pass a motion detector as it has been for several years now. Entry/exit delay values have not been changed. After the exit, it appears the system went into ALARM mode, but I was outside with a running truck and did not hear it. I did get a call from the CS and they asked for disposition, and I turned back around, entered the home, and disarmed. Alarm was emitting an alert tone that there had been a violation. I have used this same process and sequence many time before, and can not tell what was different here. Is it possible it was in an AWAY, no DELAY mode? Please review events 27May between 1515 and 1524 hours.

I can not tell from the ALARM.com event log if NO DELAY has been selected. Am I missing something?

Happy to help!

It is important to note the zone which was opening. I’m not 100% that I am following exactly, but based on the description and the history that I see, it looks like you were attempting to arm Stay (no delay does not appear to have been on) but only Interior zones were tripped prior to disarming.

The door on Zone 4 is programmed as an interior contact, which would not trip an alarm in Stay mode at all. That appears to be the door that was opened during the stay arming.

Is this the event you are describing?

Another occasion was different, this was in an AWAY mode.

In this case the alarm did come from the motion detector you mentioned, but the motion detector tripped almost two minutes after the door was opened and closed based on your history. This would have been a false alarm from the motion detector after leaving and the arming countdown having ended.

Jason,
Thank you! I had not realized I had set door #4 as INTERIOR. Is there an area on ALARM.COM that I can check the attributes for each device, or is that via the panel only? What is the conventional wisdom regarding a door such as this that is the door from the garage to the interior of the house? Should it be set as INTERIOR or PERIMETER? The two other doors in the garage, the main bay door, #2, and the side entry door #1, both have sensors. There is no delay on the side entrance as it is not normally involved in ENTRY/EXIT.

The other case with the trip by the motion detector, I have no clue. There was no one, or animal in the house. There is an HVAC register below it and possible that heat came on, but has never happened before.

There isn’t a way to see how sensors are programmed on the Alarm.com website. You would have to look at the panel settings for now.

How you program your sensors should depend on how you intend to use the system. It sounds like you have a perimeter set up that includes your garage so it’s OK to program the door from the garage to the house as Interior if you’d like to be able to enter the garage when Armed Stay without having to disarm the system.