Shock/Vibration sensor and the Qolsys IQ Panel

I got the Interlogix NX-667 60-886-95 shock sensor. It’s a combination reed entry and shock/vibration sensor. Does anyone know how to configure this for the IQ Panel?

I tried:
Sensor Type: Shock, Subtype: Other Shock, Sensor Group: Shock-Glass-Break
Only triggers alarm on shock, not when the window is opened.

Sensor Type: Shock, Subtype: IQ Shock, Sensor Group: Shock-Glass-Break
Only triggers alarm when window is opened, not on shock

Sensor Type: Door/Window Entry, Sensor Group: Instant-Perimeter-D/W
Only triggers when window is opened, not on shock

Alternatively, does anyone know of another shock sensor that can be used with this system? This one gets a lot of bad reviews for false alarms. The IQ Shock mentioned in the panel doesn’t seem to be on the market? And There is a GE 5150 which is a wired sensor - is there a wireless transmitter that this could be hooked to?

I am having Qolsys look into this (I don’t have that sensor in front of me to test) but it looks like it should be set as Shock, Other Shock. Just to be sure when you were testing it you had the reed switch enabled with the on board switch?

Using a wired shock with a sensor with a wired terminal input like the RE101 should work as well.

Yes I have DIP 5 set to ON per the instructions to enable the Reed switch.

To be fair with your time, I am not yet a suretydiy monitoring customer, and I bought my system elsewhere. Still trying to get everything configured. So I don’t want to take time from employees to troubleshoot my setup - I was just hoping another forum reader had tried this sensor with this panel and could share their settings. This seems to be the only Qolsys forum I could find on the web. Thank you!

Happy to assist. Helping you also helps others.

Can you check the RFPIC version on your panel? Settings - Installer Code - About. Scroll down to RFPIC. What does that say?

The RFPIC version is 8.2 - G.

When set as Shock - Other Shock, I tried opening the window while in Sensor Test. It does chime in with an Excellent signal on both the window open and close. However, it just reports the status as “Normal” regardless of whether the window is opened or closed.

When set to Shock - IQ Shock, it will show “Alarmed” when the window is opened, but just show Normal when I trigger the shock… though again it will chime in on sensor test in both scenarios. (I’ve also tested these scenarios with the panel actually alarmed)

So it seems like it is sending a signal to the panel, it’s just that the panel isn’t reporting on it correctly. I’m wondering if the panel just doesn’t support use of both features simultaneously?

On other thing… you had said…

On other thing.. You said "Using a wired shock with a sensor with a wired terminal input like the RE101 should work as well".. It looks

Do you mean the RE108? It looks like this takes 8 inputs… The RE101 is a door/window entry sensor. Is there some way I can wire the two together and piggy back its transmitter (report it open based on the reed being open OR the shock sense being alarmed)? Or is there another option by chance that only takes a single sensor? The RE108 seems like overkill if you only have one sensor in the room…

The RE101 has a magnetic reed switch and 2 wired sensor inputs. It can be 2 sensors at a time. If you use the reed switch and the inner terminal wired sensor input you would program them as 2 separate sensors but either could trigger the alarm.

The RE101 has a magnetic reed switch and 2 wired sensor inputs. It can be 2 sensors at a time. If you use the reed switch and the inner terminal wired sensor input you would program them as 2 separate sensors but either could trigger the alarm.

Wow that’s super cool! I wish I knew that before I bought a boatload of Interlogix sensors :slight_smile:

Is there any way, prior to purchasing, to tell if the Interlogix 5150 shock sensor wired up to the RE101 would work with the Qolsys panel? I don’t really know how these things communicate and whether it’s relatively generic or if every device needs to be specifically handled by the panel. The compatible device list only seems to list wireless sensors.

That should work but I haven’t tried it personally so I can’t say for sure. The Qolsys panel should have no trouble with it. The only potential risk would be if the 5150 didn’t work with the wired sensor input on the RE101 but that sensor input is just based on measured resistance on the sensor which changes when the 5150 vibrates. It’s relatively generic.

I just tested this on my Qolsys panel and had the same issue without really realizing it, so thank you for this post!!! I added my Interlogix shock sensors to the Door/Window-M group and they now appear to be working for both shock and reed switch triggering. Hope’s this helps your issue as well.

You are absolutely right. Door Window M is the sensor type you want to use for both functions. Verified with a Qolsys engineer.

I just tested this on my Qolsys panel and had the same issue without really realizing it, so thank you for this post!!!! I added my Interlogix shock sensors to the Door/Window-M group and they now appear to be working for both shock and reed switch triggering. Hope’s this helps your issue as well.

Awesome! Thanks for responding! I didn’t know what the -M was for but I found a newer version of the manual online and saw that it said “For use only with Multi-function Door/Window Sensors”.

It’s still not perfect for me though. When I open the window it issues an Open and then a Close immediately after. (even though the window is still open). The same behavior happens when I set off the shock. This will trigger the alarm, but it reports the window as Closed when actually it is open. Is this the behavior you are getting? Or does it accurately report the window as open?

Also, have you been using this sensor for a while? I saw some people online complaining that they tend fail and start sending false alarms. I’m not sure if that’s the vocal minority or if I should go ahead and look for another solution.

Do you know if the RE101 can be used without the reed switch? Maybe you can just register the 2nd sensor only? Because it seems that double hung windows or glass doors with a fixed side would require a 2nd 5150 (one for each pane) but the fixed panes wouldn’t require the reed.

Thanks so much!!

Do you know if the RE101 can be used without the reed switch? Maybe you can just register the 2nd sensor only? Because it seems that double hung windows or glass doors with a fixed side would require a 2nd 5150 (one for each pane) but the fixed panes wouldn’t require the reed.

There are 2 wired sensor terminals and you can use them both. You just can’t use the reed switch and the outer terminal wired input at the same time. So you could use the reed switch and 1 wired sensor or 2 wired sensors without the reed switch.