Severe Weather on Qolsys IQ 2+

Does the Severe Weather alarm (that requires acknowledgement or expiration to stop) still sound when Armed Away or only when Disarmed/Armed Stay?

(I’m asking mostly because I’m wondering how concerned to be about our cats hearing if we happen to be around during a 30 minute - or whatever - tornado warning period).

It’s really too bad Qolsys (and ADC) didn’t make this remotely acknowledgeable and/or configurable to be only one minute), but I gets it’s a special case event.

Severe weather alerts will be the same regardless of arming status. You can change the sound of the alert from a siren to a chime in settings.

Settings > Advanced Settings > Installer Code > Installation > Sirens and Alarms.

Is there a way to discriminate between the ‘alarm’ for these alerts, e.g., tornado warning, vs. a system/breach alarm within Control4? As is common, I use the Qolsys status/data to drive additional automation when the alarm is tripped, but unfortunatly, the tornado warning (which I already have covered elsewhere) is setting it off.

I’m not familiar with how that works through Control4 with regard to severe weather. If you cannot specify the alarm type in Control4, and if disabling the severe weather siren as stated in the prior post does not impact how it behaves with Control4, there aren’t any other settings to control that. Severe weather alerts can be disabled though.

Thanks, Jason. I checked, and I already have severe weather alerts disabled in settings; however, it still sends an ‘alarm’ status to C4.