Several Questions

I’m about to pull the trigger on a Qolsys IQ 2+ system but I have a few questions which will hopefully clear things up:

1. If I buy the Qolsys IQ 2+ from Surety’s store, will it be locked to Surety? i.e. if I decide to move my service to another Alarm.com based security company, will my equipment still work?

2. I’m leaning towards the “Surety Alarm” plan but I’m not sure what hardware it covers out of the box (without add-ons). I’m assuming it covers door/windows sensors and motion sensors. Will glass-break, fire/heat and CO sensors work with this plan without paying extra?

3. I’m against having microphones, connected to the outside world, in our house. I’ve read somewhere that we can unplug the microphone from the Qolsys system. Obviously the 2-way-communication feature and the built-in glass-break detection will stop working but, will the rest of the system function as expected?

Lots of questions I know but I’m very new to the security world.

Thanks!

1. If I buy the Qolsys IQ 2+ from Surety’s store, will it be locked to Surety? i.e. if I decide to move my service to another Alarm.com based security company, will my equipment still work?

No. The panel can only be used with one Alarm.com account at a time, however if you cancel your Surety subscription you can then reuse that panel anywhere that will support it.

I’m assuming it covers door/windows sensors and motion sensors. Will glass-break, fire/heat and CO sensors work with this plan without paying extra?

Yes. Any type of alarm sensor compatible with the panel is covered. Alarm lacks automation support for Z-wave lights, locks, thermostats etc. You can view the included features here.

I’m against having microphones, connected to the outside world, in our house.

Yes, you can unplug the microphones if you wish, there are connectors at the bottom of the panel inside. The panel glass break and two way voice will no longer function.