Setting up Z-wave rules

I’ve got a Kwikset Z-wave deadbolt on my front door that has been learned in to my panel already.

I’d like to set up rules so that it automatically locks when I arm the system, and so that the system automatically disarms when I unlock the deadbolt. How do I do this?

BTW, the SuretyCAM yard signs went up today, and the Vivint yard signs went in the trash. Yay!

The following tutorial videos go over the two requested rules.

Lock based on arming - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyXZqdPkLrI

Disarm by unlock - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLU0DNlg8aI

When I go to Empower it shows my Z-wave devices, but there is no Rules tab for me to click.

Amanda was able to work some magic, and now my emPower screen shows locks and rules. Thanks guys!

I would discourage having the Kwikset deadbolt disarm your alarm, unless Kwikset changed their lock significantly since I got mine. Ultimately you are placing a lot of trust in a device that is 1 couple of buttons away from anyone setting their own code. The problem with the Kwikset is you just have to slide open the cover, hit the button to learn a new code…key in a code and its accepted. No security, meaning a door-to-door solicitor that you invite in, a guest, or anyone could do this pretty quickly if your back is turned even for a few seconds…and its an easy lock to identify from the outside. So now you ultimately allowed someone to self program their own access to disarm your alarm.

I have one of these locks, but it still requires the alarm to be disarmed independently due to this design flaw. There are other brands that require a master code to add new codes.

I would discourage having the Kwikset deadbolt disarm your alarm, unless Kwikset changed their lock significantly since I got mine...There are other brands that require a master code to add new codes

I know this is old, but for those who may stumble across it, I thought I would update.

910 Kwikset can be programmed for a master code that must be entered to add/delete a user code. There is also a secured cover that uses special rounded screws to prevent anyone from just opening it up on the backside (you would have to smash/break it).