Setting Up New Service

Hello
I am interested in a 2GIG system for my home.

What is the procedure to do this?
Are you considered a dealer by Alarm.com, such that I would purchase the system from you and set it up for monitoring with them?

Also, can I control the 2GIG system (arming/disarming) through my Vera Edge ZWave controller or do I need to use the 2GIG system as my master ZWave controller?

What is the procedure to do this? Are you considered a dealer by Alarm.com, such that I would purchase the system from you and set it up for monitoring with them?

We are an Alarm.com Interactive Service Dealer, yes. Alarm.com does not directly sell to end users.

We sell and maintain the service plans, can sell equipment, and provide professional monitoring.

Service plans can be purchased with or without 24/7 monitoring through suretyDIY. Also, equipment can be purchased anywhere and used with our service (provided you obtain an unregistered 3G communication module for the system).

You can purchase the system, sensors, and service from our store and we pre-program the system prior to shipment based on your specifications in your order survey.

Also, can I control the 2GIG system (arming/disarming) through my Vera Edge ZWave controller or do I need to use the 2GIG system as my master ZWave controller?

No, Z-wave does not directly influence the alarm system aspect. Consider the 2GIG panel as two separate devices: an Alarm system controller, and a Z-wave automation controller.

Sensors are not Z-wave. Z-wave sensor type devices are not compatible with pretty much any alarm panel. (It was only a couple months ago that Z-wave earned UL listing for security purposes, so maybe with future panels)

2GIG can only be a secondary controller in an Automation network. That said, there are benefits to integration. See this post for more info on how.