Setting up IQ2+ with multiple issues

Setting up my IQ2+ (345mhz) and running into a lot of roadblocks with no solutions on the forum. Hoping someone can help.

1. Why is Surety asking for a one-time password to log in to my account now? It says to use my one-time password app to get the PW, but from where? i never saw this come up.
  2. when i set up the panel i was able to auto learn a few sensors. now when i try adding more i have an error at the bottom of the screen that says “it is not possible to enroll an image sensor on this panel since the hardware necessary is not present.” How do i fix this? i tried resetting the panel without any luck. i also deleted the one sensor i had installed. the only way i was able to add sensors was to go back into the wizard, which is very slow because you have to go through every step to get the sensor step
  3. i have an existing honeywell 5800 combo open close / shock sensor on a window i’m adding link. i looked at the manual but i’m still confused. do i need to add it two times - once as shock sensor under loop 1 and again under loop 2 as a “window/door-multifunction”? or just once as multifunction and that captures shock/open/close (if so, which loop?) if i have to add it under both loops and i’m using auto learn, do i have to trigger each activity separately (i.e., to set the shock sensor loop i have to trigger the shock sensor?)

Sorry to hear you are having issues but I am happy to help!

Why is Surety asking for a one-time password to log in to my account now? It says to use my one-time password app to get the PW, but from where? i never saw this come up.

This means that you enabled 2 Factor Authentication on your Surety account. 2FA is enabled in the account settings.

2FA instructions are linked in the account page. I am adding them here too.

I can disable this for you if you did not set up the 2FA app when enabling 2FA. Would you like me to disable 2FA now?

when i set up the panel i was able to auto learn a few sensors. now when i try adding more i have an error at the bottom of the screen that says “it is not possible to enroll an image sensor on this panel since the hardware necessary is not present.” How do i fix this?

That message is just a default warning that Alarm.com Image Sensors cannot be added because there is no Image Sensor daughterboard. It is not an error that needs fixed, and it doesn’t stop you from enrolling anything.

That is the auto-learn page, and it is where you need to be to learn in devices. Simply navigate to that screen, then trip a sensor to pair it. The panel will prompt you to program that zone, then you can move to the next zone.

do i need to add it two times - once as shock sensor under loop 1 and again under loop 2 as a “window/door-multifunction”?

Loops are used on Honeywell devices to differentiate the signal source when a device has multiple functions. The sensor would be learned in twice, once with each loop. You do not need to trip the shock portion to learn it in as a shock sensor, you can just tamper the sensor or manually type in the TXID, and select the appropriate loop.

Thanks. That’s right, I did turn on 2FA thinking it was the type that would text me a code without realizing i needed a secondary app (my fault for not reading properly). Since i havent set up the 2FA app i think i’m locked out of my account now, so can you please turn it off? I wonder if that’s a fix for the future to keep people from getting locked out? Or maybe i’m missing another way to get into my account.

On the sensor, should i code the open/close loop as “window/door-multifunction” or just “window/door”? I couldn’t find in my search what the difference was

No problem, I have turned off 2FA for you, you should be able to login normally now. You can re-enable it anytime in the Account Settings area. If you have never used one before, Authy is recommended for an app. Simple to use.

No, in this instance I think you just want the regular Door/Window zone type.

1 Like