Set up reset user code

Hi I already purchased my subscription… issue is trying to do the test call because I can’t access the advanced settings it’s asking for a code and no one remembers the code what can I do?

Have you tried logging into your surety account on the main webpage and under I think system manager you can send a command to reset the installer and dealer codes and then you should be able to access after about ten minutes

It doesn’t let me because I haven’t been able to log into alarm because I have t been able to complete the cell test because I can’t get into advance settings

@andrewlangley It doesn’t let me because I haven’t been able to log into alarm because I have t been able to complete the cell test because I can’t get into advance settings

Which alarm panel do you have?

Also if it’s a qolsys panel and you haven’t already done so try the default Installer code of 1111

I have the iq panel 2

I’ve tried codes 1111 and 2222

Did you try your master user code that should allow access to cellular test in advanced setting per an old Reddit post that surety put as a response to someone there

Master user code? I’ve never had any codes

Gotcha. That would be usually the main arm disarm code. With that or installer or dealer it doesn’t seem that there is a way to run a cellular test or reset the system but maybe surety knows of a back door that the internet doesn’t at this point :confused:

The only other way would be to manually try code 0000-9999 until one works aka a “brute force” I’ve found some posts saying that was the only way others in this situation could get in

Yes I was reading the same things right now

I read in another response unplugging the battery and letting it power down would be enough to get the communications going since it was previously connected just my luck LTE was in the right hand corner and I was able to log into alarm all good to go!

It is not guaranteed that a panel will connect without the cell test so a user code is typically required.

Glad to hear you were able to get it kick started!

Once it rebooted the code was reset to 1234 I typed it in but still didn’t work so I hit the generate button to create a new code when I did that the new code it created worked.