Service through suretyDIY with a 2GIG panel

Hi,

We are purchasing a home this week and i noticed they do have a 2Gig GC2 controller with various sensors set up to it through another company. Is it possible to switch from them to you without having to reprogram everything? I know i’ll most likely need a new cell module and update the firmware and have them reset Q43, Q44, and Q45, but is there anything else involved or need to get from them?

Thank you

Congratulations!

Steps on how to obtain service through suretYDIY with a 2GIG panel can be found here.

I know i’ll most likely need a new cell module and update the firmware

Service through suretyDIY requires an Alarm.com compatible panel as well as an unregistered, Alarm.com compatible cellular module.

To confirm, is the GC2 still registered to the previous service provider?

You can use this module check tool to confirm the status of the cellular module. If it is unregistered, it would be ready for use through suretyDIY. If not, then it would need to be unregistered or a new module obtained.

Should you ultimately need a new cellular module and firmware update cable, this Switch to DIY Kit may be what you are looking for.

and have them reset Q43, Q44, and Q45, but is there anything else involved or need to get from them?

Once the unregistered module is obtained and service through suretyDIY is purchased (and your account processed) commands would be sent to open programming of the panel giving you full control (as well as defaulting the installer code).

Service can be purchased here, with, or without 24/7 central station monitoring. Features, Add-ons, and pricing can be found at the bottom of the page. Should you be looking for remote control of Z-Wave devices, the Gold Automation add-on would be required.

As far as I know, yes the GC2 is still registered to the previous service provider. I am assuming I will need to reprogram all the sensors and devices once this is switched over? The big question I have is if it would be better to purchase a new GC3 controller or use the existing GC2 controller if everything would need to be reprogrammed anyways? Thank you for your help!

As far as I know, yes the GC2 is still registered to the previous service provider. I am assuming I will need to reprogram all the sensors and devices once this is switched over?

Since the cellular module can only be linked to one Alarm.com account at a time, it would need to be unregistered by the previous provider before being used through suretYDIY. If that is not possible, then a new cellular module would be required.

However, local programming should remain the same. Sensors already learned into the panel would not be affected.

The big question I have is if it would be better to purchase a new GC3 controller or use the existing GC2 controller if everything would need to be reprogrammed anyways?

Utilizing the 2GIG GC3 over the GC2 would largely come down to preference. The GC3 offers a bigger touch screen and smoother programming. It also has built in Wi-Fi for dual path support(where the GC2 would require the Go!Bridge for Wi-Fi)

How are you able to find the cell module serial number without the installer code? I have no user codes or installer codes for the system. Won’t the system go off once I open up the panel to disconnect the battery and remove the cell module if I do not have an installer code?

Only if the system is currently armed. This video here will show you how to physically find the module number.

youll want to power down the panel completely, transformer first then battery if you need to remove the cellular module.

Once the module number is obtained, you can use this Module Check Tool to confirm its status.

I have ordered a service plan and a new cell module. The alarm system was through Guardian (now Alert360). Since I do not have the installer code, is there another way to see if a FW upgrade is necessary?

After I install the new cell module and power it up, will data from Surety be downloaded and the codes be factory defaulted? I won’t be able to run a cell test or navigate through the menus without codes if Surety does not take over control. Thank you again for all the help, I just want to make sure I have everything in line when it arrives in the mail and what to expect.

Since I do not have the installer code, is there another way to see if a FW upgrade is necessary?

You would be unable to check the firmware without the master or installer code. However, this does not prevent you from updating the firmware. Steps on how to update your firmware via the USB cable can be found here. You can go straight to 1.17.03.

After I install the new cell module and power it up, will data from Surety be downloaded and the codes be factory defaulted?

Once the panel’s firmware is updated and the cellular module installed, you would be able to connect to service. This connection is jump started via a cellular module test. Once a successful cell test has been run at the panel, commands are sent to unlock panel programming and default the installer code. This would require the master code or installer.

If you do not currently have the installer code or master user code it is possible for us to send commands to force communication, however this is not guaranteed to work. Once your FW is updated and module installed, please send us a request via the Secure Message Tool so these commands can be run.

It is highly recommended that you obtain the Master User and/or Installer codes from the previous homeowner or possibly the realtor.

So I have found that the current cell module is unregistered and the firmware is up to date. What do I need to do to transfer this over to Surety?

So I have found that the current cell module is unregistered and the firmware is up to date. What do I need to do to transfer this over to Surety?

To clarify, I see a related subscription is already active, using a new module. Are you saying you would instead like to try using a module that is already in the panel?

If so you would want to submit a secure message to our team requesting to swap the module number on the account and include the new module number.

Yes, I’d like to use the current module instead of the one that I purchased. The current model is Verizon and I was told this weekend that Verizon is much better in our area than ATT (the one I purchased). I sent a secure message on Saturday and gave them the numbers on the module, but I haven’t heard anything since then.

Customer service processes secure messages and account changes during business hours M-F. All requests are processed in the order they are received. Look for a follow up confirmation email shortly!