Sensors and Z-wave

I have the Qolsys IQ panel and wanted to know about support about other manufacturers sensors.

Specifically, I know the panel is very limited in the zwave products it can use. I’d really like to use a zwave siren such as the Aeon Labs siren or any generic zwave siren and strobe. I have a Honeywell thermostat and it isn’t listed as compatible with the panel but works fine.

Also, I know this is totally out there, but is there ANY way to use INSTEON lights with the panel? Maybe a zwave to INSTEON translator?

Vera Lite says it’s

• Capable of bridging INSTEON, Z-Waveand X10 networks

http://www.smarthome.com/vera-control-ltd-veralite-insteon-compatible-z-wave-controller.html

Although I’ve never tried doing this with it and I don’t know that it would allow you to control Insteon devices with Alarm.com. Actually, come to think of it Qolsys isn’t currently able to work with other Z-Wave controllers like 2GIG is so even if Vera could pull it off we would have to wait for an update from Qolsys to work with Vera. :frowning:

Even if Qolsys adds support for a secondary panel (or to become a secondary panel) Commands through ADC will only affect devices directly controllable by your Qolsys panel unless additional extensive collaboration between ADC and panel manufacturers adds more in depth controls (and I’m not even sure it would be possible). ADC would not have command support for such a setup.