Sensor strength improvement

A couple of my sensors are showing a very low signal strength…

What’s the most cost effective way of improving this that’s also better long-term?

Do I get a signal repeater?

I believe that the secondary panel doesn’t include a repeater right? So there’s no sense in me adding a second panel to improve signal…

I can’t move the panel closer.

Would upgrading the sensors be better than getting the repeater? (It’s three door sensors for an idea of cost)

Edit: aother option… I could mount a secondary panel in place of the primary and move the primary upstairs? I don’t know if this would mess with signal for the downstairs sensors though.

(I sent an email to support about this that you can disregard because it was before I realized how bad the signal was)

I believe that the secondary panel doesn’t include a repeater right? So there’s no sense in me adding a second panel to improve signal…

The IQ Remote does not have a sensor radio and would not improve signal. You could shift the location of the main panel like you suggested, and if you can more centrally locate the panel it might help signaling.

What’s the most cost effective way of improving this that’s also better long-term?

Are the sensors mounted to a metal surface? If so, it may be good to first try reorienting the sensor and making sure the sensor is on a wood/vinyl frame and the magnet is on the metal moving part.

Otherwise, with an IQ Panel 4 I would generally recommend swapping out for PowerG sensors if you have a few causing trouble. PowerG has about 4 times the range.