Sensor setup

I just set up most of my Vivint out package, went well, I have a 2GIG DW10‑345 Thin Door/Window sensor hard wired to a magnet sensor on my garage door, I do not want this sensor to ever trip my alarm, but still able to get the chime and other functions, what is the proper way to add it to the panel? Thanks

I have a 2GIG DW10‑345 Thin Door/Window sensor hard wired to a magnet sensor on my garage door, I do not want this sensor to ever trip my alarm, but still able to get the chime and other functions, what is the proper way to add it to the panel?

That dw10 to a wired heavy duty red switch is the best way to do a garage door. Its not as prone to false alarms like the tilt sensor is.

If you don’t want it to alarm, but just chime and alert, then change (02) entry/exit to (23) no response

If you want chime, select your preferred chime instead of “voice only”

If this is already a programmed sensor for garage door, do not re add it as another zone. Instead, locate the garage door zone and edit it, down arrow changing only 02 entry/exit to 03 no response, and chimes.

How to program garage door dw10
http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/61-Garage-door-sensor-(using-a-DW10)

Just to clarify, is this going on your overhead garage door, or a garage door to the house?

Just to clarify, is this going on your overhead garage door, or a garage door to the house?

The changes/programming are the same either way. (1) entry/exit, or (2) entry/exit to (23) no response, and chimes selection.

Since the dw10 is wired to an external contact, it is programmed as loop1.

Descriptor is variable (e.g., “inside garbage door”, versus " garage door")

This is my large overhead door, I will check my programming, thanks