Sensor persistently indicates low battery

I’ve got a recessed door sensor that persistently reads low battery.

When I remove the battery, it signals “end of low battery” to the panel.

But when I replace the battery with brand new ones, it immediately signals “low battery” again.

It doesn’t matter how long I leave the battery out before replacing it. I’ve tried with two different packages of brand new batteries.

Any advice?

It could be hardware failure but make sure the senor’s internal battery contacts are clean and that the battery is new, the correct type recommended by the manufacturer, within it’s printed date code, and following the correct polarity.

I’ve verified all those things.

Sounds like the next step is to replace the unit?

Based on the troubleshooting done Its likely hardware failure and should be removed from programming and replaced. How old is the sensor?

You can try removing it from programming, waiting a few minutes then reprogramming it to check if the low battery returns. You would want to program the sensor as a Sensor Type 23) No Response Type to avoid any potential false alarms.

When troubleshooting, you may want to place your 24/7 professional monitoring account on Test Mode during troubleshooting to avoid any false dispatches.

You can do this by calling monitoring operators directly at 855-348-0367 or from the Professional Monitoring tab in the System Manager section of your Surety account.

Thanks Tyler. The sensor is 7 years old.

Do you have a link to the programming in/out video?

Programming guides can be found below|

Thank you!