Sensor Name Request

Good morning. Can someone issue a sensor name request to pull in the sensor name changes I’ve made at the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 to update ADC please when y’all have a minute. Thanks.

Happy to help! We’ve sent commands to request the current panel sensor names. Allow about 5 minutes for this to take effect. You may need to log out and log back into Alarm.com or refresh to see any changes.

Thanks, Jason.

For future reference can you clarify whether running a cell test should update sensor names from the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 to ADC if I have them named with custom names or would I need a sensor name request each time I update those? Once I get them all set like I want, hopefully I won’t need to change them very often but just curious as I’ve read some other posts where running a cell test was the recommendation to invoke the sync of panel to ADC (or maybe this is only for sensor name changes that are changed to predefined names and not custom).

You can find information about Sensor Name changes here.

As ADC names can be changed to whatever you want without the same limits of panels, after a sensor has been installed and synced once, the name will not later change if you make an update to it on the panel. This is to ensure custom ADC names are not overwritten.

You can request a sensor name update command be sent, but this will overwrite all Alarm.com names with current panel names. It is typically easier to manually change the name to match in ADC under Settings - Devices.

:thumbs_up:

I know the emoji aren’t working but wanted to let you know I received your message and appreciate the follow-up and the link to more info. You guys are awesome - so glad I switched vendors!