Sensor delays

I have been using the IQ panel 4 successfully for weeks. Today I opened a window and the system did not indicate it was open. An hour later the panel announced it as if it had just been opened. As you could imagine, a delay like this is quite scary should it be an actual intruder. Any idea how I can be sure to avoid this in the future? Thanks for your help.

To best assist, additional context is likely needed. Which sensor experienced this delay and at what time was it opened?

Sensor signaling issues can result in missed events. Is the sensor on a metal surface? How far from the panel is that sensor?

Thanks Jason!

The sensor is an IQ DW Mini-S QS1135-840.

It was a sensor attached to a sliding glass door. It was named ‘Sliding Door’ but after deleting and re-adding the sensor it’s now named ‘Dining Room Door’.

It was opened at 9:00 pm last night and remained open. At 10:01 pm the system recognized and announced that it was open.

The sensor is in the same room as the panel, about 25 feet away. Yes the sensor is on a metal surface. Is that an issue (I didn’t see that mentioned during installation)?

Yes the sensor is on a metal surface. Is that an issue (I didn’t see that mentioned during installation)?

It is a common cause of issues as metal causes heavy attenuation of RF signals. reorienting the sensor can sometimes help, but I would suggest trying to isolate the sensor antenna a little bit away from the metal by using a spacer or an extra piece or two of double sided tape.

If the sensor is not too far away from the panel this may be enough to help.

If you have further trouble with it, please post a photo of the sensor with the window in its closed position.

Thank you , I finally made the update and will let you know if the same issue reoccurs!