Sensor Activity Notifications

I just added two PowerG door/window sensors to my Qolsys IQ2 panel. Now sensor activity notifications for all sensors no longer function. Arm/disarm notifications continue. Everything looks correct in setup.

Is this related to an active Surety subscription? I could take a look at your account history and confirm whether any events are firing.

If you use another service provider, the first thing I would do is have them check your event history with their dealer tools to determine whether events are being reported properly or if notifications are showing as having been sent.

There is no reason a new sensor would stop Alarm.com notifications for existing equipment. A quick troubleshooting step would be to delete the notifications and recreate them. Just try a couple and test them. If that resolves the issue you could manually recreate the rest.

1 Like

I wish I was one of your customers. My provider’s idea of support is to tell me to ‘Google’ my question. However, while following your advice I discovered that the Geo-Fence filter had been checked, I’m guessing when I changed the name of my phone, and then selected it.

All appears to be working as designed now. Thank you.

My provider’s idea of support is to tell me to ‘Google’ my question.

Yuck. I am sorry to hear that. We are happy to help how we can. I’m guessing under contract?

I discovered that the Geo-Fence filter had been checked

Good catch! Glad to hear you got this resolved quickly!

1 Like