Screen image split - Qolsys iq panel 2

I gotcha, glad to hear they were able to get it done for you quickly!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

@jwcsurety I have the same issue. How to fix this?

I had to buy a new one - and now it’s doing the same thing after about 1.5 years

I don’t want to buy another panel, hopefully I can get resolution from Surety.

I would recommend switching away from that current provider soon as u can get chance if they don’t want to help with equipment ur paying them to monitoring id recommend surety as they r very very helpful and cheap on the monthly

The same troubleshooting guidance would apply as above. However, there have been a large number of firmware updates since the original post here, and looking at your panel you have old firmware currently. Try making sure to update to the latest first. Any change?

When was this IQ Panel 2 purchased? I am not seeing a related order from Surety. Was this originally purchased from another vendor?

I will try to see if software update will help. Looks like a hardware issue to me than a software issue. IQ panel was already there when I purchased the new home 2 years ago, it’s something that the builder installed. I then changed the provider to Surety. The previous provider did tell me that it will void equipment warranty with them. Is there anything Surety can do to get it fixed?

I just updated the firmware to the latest version, didn’t fix the issue. I also tried powering the device down for 20 minutes but that too didn’t help. @jwcsurety Please help, can’t shell out couple of hundred dollars for a new panel.

The IQ Panel 2 is no longer manufactured at this time and I can’t make any promises, but I am happy to check with Qolsys to see if they have any additional guidance or special options they can offer in this case.

If it is a hardware issue out of warranty typically that would require a new panel purchase.

I will follow up here with an update when I hear from Qolsys!

@jwcsurety Any update?

Qolsys did provide a case number which your vendor can use to return through their distributor for special warranty for this specific double image issue. I am sending that reference case number via private message.

Looks like I’m having the exact same issue as the OP. Guess I have to buy a new panel since this seems to be hardware related (if updated firmware and rebooted/power cycled as suggested)?

Most likely unfortunately

Looks like I’m having the exact same issue as the OP. Guess I have to buy a new panel since this seems to be hardware related (if updated firmware and rebooted/power cycled as suggested)?

If you purchased the panel from Surety, we can typically get a special warranty consideration for this specific issue and assist. If it was purchased through another vendor, they would need to be willing to send the panel back through distribution.

I could have sworn I did purchase it through Surety (along with the IQ hardware 16) but can’t find any records on it. I looked on my account portal but didn’t see any history of it. Is this something you guys can see on your end?

There are no related orders for a panel, no.

Thanks for looking into Jason. I have no idea where I got it from then. Guess I’ll be purchasing a new panel in the near future!

Found it! I’ll see if they’ll consider a replacement. If not, I’ll be coming back here for my new panel :wink:

Hi @jwcsurety my panel purchased through Surety just started having this double screen image the other day. Is there still a special warranty available?

Mike

Outside of a power cycle, there is no troubleshooting that resolves this issue. If the panel is outside warranty, it may still be covered by the manufacturer but this is on a case by case basis. Can you submit a photo of the issue you are encountering via private message?