Schlage zwave door lock from Lowes

According to 2GIG, this should not be occurring and isn’t a known problem. However, I have reported it as a bug to 2GIG for them to check out.

However, Alarm.com was slightly more helpful with this issue. The tech I spoke with says he has seen this issue before thinks it may be an issue with how the Zwave devices are synchronized to the panel. Alarm.com has suggested a couple troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.

1. We can send a hard reset command to the panel, this sends some other syncronization commands as well when the panel boots boots back up. I can basically send this command through anytime the panel is in a disarmed state.

2. Once the panel has booted back up, run a network rediscovery on the Zwave network from the panel.

According to the tech I spoke with, this should resolve the issues you guys are seeing. Please contact us via email or phone when you’d like to have the hard reset command sent to you panel.

Just rediscovered and locked the back door to test. Still shows unlocked after a minute and a few app refreshes.

Update: I opened the zwave lock status from the panel and it shows locked. App still shows unlocked. Last night the app had updated almost immediately after checking the lock status from the panel directly.

Update 2: Interesting, on my last test I sent an unlock command so the app would see the status correctly as unlocked. I closed the door from the outside and pressed the lock button on the touch panel. The status updated on the app immediately to locked. Just to be clear, I pressed the Schlage button on the lock keypad and the app showed the lock status change from unlocked to locked almost immediately. I wonder if the lock doesn’t send a status update to the panel right away unless the keypad is used.

I just got off the phone with Schlage and they said that the status should be updating the same way regardless of whether the touch pad or the thumb turn is used. They of course would only confirm that this would work with their own Nexia system and deferred any further troubleshooting to 2GIG. Is there any way to view z-wave messages received on the 2GIG panel? It would be interesting to watch the status updates received from the lock and see if it’s a different type of message sent when the touch pad is used vs. the manual thumb turn.

I’m checking into that, we’ll see what they say.

I did some further testing this evening and unfortunately I couldn’t get the status of the lock to update any way I tried. I unlocked the door using the lock touch pad and refreshed the ADC app for the next 15 minutes. It still showed locked. I then sent an unlock command from the ADC app so the status would be correct and re-tested locking the door by pressing the Schlage button on the lock touch pad. Earlier this had worked in updating the status on the ADC app, but this time the status remained Unlocked. I have left it locked, but over 30 minutes later, the ADC app still shows unlocked.

I’ll wait to hear back from you Jay to see if there is further troubleshooting we can do.

Not sure if you’ve tried this yet, but try removing the lock from the network, waiting a couple minutes and then re-adding the lock. After that, do a network rediscovery.

Another possible issue - How far away is the lock from the control panel? Depending on the distance of the lock from the panel, there may be some Zwave network communication issues going on.

I’ll give that a try and see what happens. The lock is in the same room as the control panel. I’d estimate about 15ft away with line of sight to the control panel.

Didn’t have any luck with that. Did you hear back from 2GIG if there is anyway to view z-wave communications messages on the panel? I know the MiCasaVerde has a way to view debug logs if you ssh into the box.

According to 2GIG there is no way to view zwave communication messages from the panel. I’m still working on finding a solution. A couple quick questions:

• When you arm the system, is there a delay in updating the status to Alarm.com?
  • When you change the thermostat manually, is there a delay in updating the staus?
  • Is the lack of update for the devices specific to the app, or does the customer website also display the incorrect status of the device?

When arming the system from my phone or alarm.com there is usually a slight maybe 6 second delay before the panel activates, but the status is kept up to date on both alarm.com and the app.

I’ll have to test the thermostat specifically and get back to you.

The lack of update is both on the app and alarm.com webpage. Once the webpage shows the correct status, the app follows suit. There is no issue sending the zwave commands to lock or unlock the doors and if I send the command through alarm.com or the app it updates the status. It seems like it’s when I use the touch pad on the door, or the manual thumb turn that the status doesn’t update on alarm.com or the app.