Schlage Model BE469ZP

I have a question about compatible devices, and what you sell. So, I looked at the updated Z-Wave compatibility guide for the IQ Panel 2+. (I’m currently looking for locks.) And I noticed that the light bulb you sell on your website is not one of the two listed as being compatible with the IQ Panel 2+.

Why is your bulb not listed as being compatible?

Again, I’m actually in the phase of currently looking for locks, but I noticed this and it begs the further question of: What devices (or how many) are compatible with the IQ Panel you sell that aren’t listed as compatible devices in their own guide?

Sorry if these are rather silly questions. I’m not a Surety customer yet, but I’m closing on a house soon and from the research I’ve been doing, will be getting my system from you guys. I want to automate as much of my house as possible through my security system to have smart-home technology all in one place (and pair it all with Alexa, if possible) but it is incredibly overwhelming going through all this stuff, with so many options out there, and not knowing what is compatible with what. I don’t want to buy equipment (from other retailers, if you don’t have exactly what I’m looking for - like locks, for example. You are currently out of stock of the one you sell.) that won’t work with the Surety system and end up being a dud/waste of money.

Sorry for the long winded post. Like I said, this is overwhelming stuff. lol

So, it can definitely be overwhelming, there are a ton of smart home devices, even just Z-wave, hitting the market all the time. In general a good way to approach Z-wave on any alarm panel (in this case, Qolsys):

Z-wave thermostats: Only select from the compatibility list!
Z-wave locks: Only select from the compatibility list!
Z-wave lights: It is probably compatible.

Lights are very simple. Standard single function on/off or dimmer switches, outlets, plug-in modules, they don’t have a lot of variation and support is generally assumed. (Steer clear of Cooper Aspire) Everything on the compatibility list is officially tested and confirmed by Qolsys, but there are many more that can be used.

For locks and thermostats, if it is not explicitly listed as compatible it will almost certainly not work.

Thank you so much for the response! I promise I’m not trying to be nit-picky or argumentative. I’m just trying to be informed. But…

The Kwikset Obsidian isn’t on that compatibility list either. But since you sell that model, I’m assuming it is in fact compatible and was omitted for some other reason? Is the Obsidian brand new and hasn’t made the list yet? (Which was updated on June 1)

It also says the ADC “T300” (not T3000) is the compatible thermostat, but I’m assuming that’s a typo since I can’t find any “T300” with my searches and only the T3000 which you sell and I currently have in my cart.

Thanks again, I’m just trying to make the best choices from the very beginning with as much accurate information as possible. Been spending this whole week looking stuff up for my new house. But I really appreciate your help!

No problem, I understand. There is sadly no 100% all compatible devices list. In general there are a couple web page based lists that I go off of for tested confirmed devices from Qolsys and Alarm.com:

https://www.alarm.com/ecosystem > confirmed by Alarm.com, but might have individual exceptions among panel firmware versions. Obsidian is listed here.

https://qolsys.com/compatible-devices/ > confirmed by Qolsys, but might not contain all on the ADC list.

Now, you’ll notice that the T3000 (not T300, that’d be a typo from Qolsys) was not updated on the web page, but is included in the linked 2.5.2 specific document. I am guessing they chose to do it that way because there have been some general Z-wave issues with 6.81 Z-wave software, which are getting patched in 2.5.3. There are some issues learning in T3000s (and other S2 devices) to the IQ Panels which were updated to 2.5.0 first before 2.5.2.

My guess is that the web page list will be updated once 2.5.3 is available since it will get rid of this firmware error limitation.

Regarding the Obsidian, I believe we are considering different lock options anyway due to difficulty obtaining that model.

In general, for locks and thermostats, stick to the lists. For lights, it is safe to go off the lists entirely, as you are more likely to find another compatible device than an incompatible one. (again, avoid Cooper Aspire)