Schlage BE469zp and IQ 2

Hello, I’m having a tough time enrolling my lock into my system. I have another Schlage lock that enrolled with no issues, but this new one is giving me trouble. I have tried excluding it several times. Excluding it the way the instruction manual says via the enroll button above the battery never works, the light beeps red and the panel gives an error. Excluding it by inputting the 6 digit code for the lock and pressing zero works. Enrolling does not work either of these ways. Enrolling via the enroll button on the lock while the panel is in include mode results in a few seconds of yellow light and a red light and an error message on the panel. Enrolling via the six digit code on the lock while the panel is in include mode results in an immediate error message in the panel.

I’ve factory reset it three times so far by disconnecting battery and reconnecting while holding the Schlage button. I then input the default code and the lock does the setup routine of opening and closing and beeps green. I then tried the above process to no avail. Any help would be appreciated please, thank you.

Happy to help!

Excluding it the way the instruction manual says via the enroll button above the battery never works, the light beeps red and the panel gives an error.

Enrolling via the enroll button on the lock while the panel is in include mode results in a few seconds of yellow light and a red light and an error message on the panel.

What are these error message on the panel, specifically?

Are you attempting to do this with the lock unlocked? The lock needs to be in an unlocked state to learn into the panel.

Are you bringing the panel within 6 ft of the lock (or vice versa) when attempting to exclude/include the lock from the network?

As soon as you said it I knew what I goofed up. The panel was too far away, thank you. All set now.

Happy to help, during the enrollment process, leave the two devices near one another for about 5 minutes as this will facilitate secure enrollment commands to be passed.

Additionally, once all z-wave devices are enrolled and in their final positions, be sure to run a network rediscovery from the panel to ensure the best possible communication pathways.

Thanks again. When I ran the Zwave rediscovery, I got the neighbor update info failed error message. Any ideas? Thanks.

How far is the new lock from the control panel? It sounds like it might be a little out of range. If it’s more than 30 ft, you might need a switch module or repeater between the lock and the panel.