Rule lock delays

Hello, I have rules setup to automate my alarm and locks. One rule which used to work great is now delayed 1-2 minutes. When the system is disarmed the garage lock is supposed to unlock immediately but is now delayed. My zwave commands happen as they should, its only this rule that is lagging. When I arm the lock, it locks on time within 5 seconds or so its just the disarm rule. I have my system set so when my phone comes near my alarm disarms, garage door unlocks, fan and lights do different things. I added a pic of when I returned, I had to enter my code at the lock but the history shows me unlocking and then the system sending an unlock to the lock as well.

Can you send this to adc please?

Z-wave automation rules like this are processed locally at the panel when the triggering event occurs. There are a handful of troubleshooting steps to try first in the event of trouble with an automation rule.

Generally automation rules will be impacted/noticed first when signaling is an issue. I’m not seeing any offline malfunctions for the lock, so this is less likely.

Still, if it has been a while, the first thing I would do is replace the batteries in the lock. Any change?

If not, the next step I would try is a reboot of the panel. (Settings > Advanced Settings > Reboot Panel) Does this speed up the rule processing?

If there is no improvement, delete that automation rule, wait 10 minutes, then recreate the rule in Alarm.com. Wait a little while then test. Do you notice improvement after?

I can try that, but its multiple rules ONLY on unlock. Happens when I wake up and disarm, and when I return.

I understand, that’s why the third step recommended is deleting, waiting a while, and recreating that specific unlock on disarm rule in Alarm.com. This will resave the rule at the panel, often resolving processing hiccups.

Did everything you said while I was away. Came home same result. Adc sends the unlock remotely

about 1 minute later. Im sure there is lag or they have changed something.

There used to be options for immediately, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes. Thats gone

All my other rules are perfect except unlock. Maybe a security thing I dont know. Please escalate to adc

There used to be options for immediately, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes. Thats gone

Hmm, I do recall certain rules having those trigger delay options. Can you confirm around when this problem started?

I’ll check with ADC to see if any intentional changes were made.

Id say about a week or week and a half ago.

I looked into the account and into the rule. You do get the option for delaying activation of Lock rules, but not Unlock rules. This is normal, and due to the fact that users may want to delay the lock event until an exit delay is done, but there is no reason to delay unlocking.

Unlocking should always occur right away.

Looks like on your account the first day when the extra 1 minute delay occurred is 8/27.

Speaking with ADC they said they have received a few other recent reports of this behavior and they are looking into it as a bug. It should be resolved by a back-end update. I do not have an ETA for resolution, but will add update on the resolution here when we hear from ADC.

I must not of noticed it until amazon fixed their gps and my routines started working lol. Only started bothering me when my system was disarmed when I pulled into the neighborhood but the lock was still locked when I got to the door. Thanks for looking into it for me. I know when I call adc it takes forever for them to pick up.

So its been over a month. I’m still experiencing the same thing. Did they just give up?

Experiencing same delay issue after upgrading from IQ Panel 2+ to IQ Panel 4 this past summer. Should not take this long to resolve.

Testing and resolving bugs can take time, and it would be applied to a weekly web build update in this case I believe. This is still being actively investigated for resolution by Alarm.com. I will follow up here with any new info and whether or not a rule resave is needed after a fix.

Is this still being figured out? Mine has shown no change.

I am not seeing an update on this behavior yet. I will reach out to ADC again and see if there is any info.