Root password for camera

I aquired an ADC-V721W camera and would like to root camera so i can use on a cloud service. Any suggestions?

What cloud service are you referring to? Often, unique firmware must be in place on the camera for compatibility.

www.ivideon.com

This is my situation. We had an ASG 2GIG alarm system. but now with Protection1 cause they merged. And would like to use this camera to view/record over the web from home.

The service is called iVideon.

I see, so you have no intention of using the camera with an Alarm.com service in the future?

Iā€™m not positive but I doubt you would be able to use it with both ADC cloud and iVideon at the same time. iVideon may even require the manufacturerā€™s Vivotek firmware be applied to the camera.

@ErebusBat did you ever figure out how to just log in to a camera connected to ADC on the local LAN? It bugs the crap out of me that I own a piece of equipment on my LAN I cannot log into for local video feed. Obviously itā€™s connecting to the SVR real time so the stream is availableā€¦

@erebusbat youā€™ve done exactly what Iā€™m trying to currently do on my system.

I want to access my live video feed via VLC so I can see the continuous stream. Can you provide some steps on how you did this? Itā€™s crazy that I canā€™t access a device on my property that I paid for!

HellerMD98, what program are you using in your screenshots?
Iā€™m using an adc v520ir and ā€œispyā€ for surveillance software, canā€™t figure out how to ā€œADDā€ user accounts.

@minutericesentra, I used Appleā€™s built-in screenshot tool (command+shift+4) to take the screenshots. Note as it might night have been clear, I created the other user accounts BEFORE I added the camera to the ADC account. Once you add the camera to your Alarm.com account, the cameraā€™s built-in web server is no longer available for configuration including adding the ā€œbackdoorā€ user.

@CJ Sorry for the delay. Life and all that.

Because [at the time] it was already paired and I didnā€™t already add my backdoor user I had to intercept connection requests to the camera.

You need to downgrade the HTTP authentication. Basically what I did was:

• Change my routers port forward rule to point to my laptop
  • Run mitmproxy on the correct port
    • Intercept the HTTP Authentication header and change it from DIGEST to BASIC
    • Force ADC to connect to my camera
    • Capture the base64 encoded credentials
    • Decode them
    • Profit
  • Change port forward rule to point back to camera
  • Add my own user with the new found credentials

If that seems WAY to propeller head for you then this might work:

Hey guys,

Iā€™m the one mentioned by @Ryan in that reddit post :slight_smile:

3 years later, Alarm.com did not address the issues I found, and Iā€™m finally getting off the alarm.com platform (and Vivint) so I wrote a Blog Post detailing the vulnerability I found and how to unlock your cameras and gain full control.

sorry it took so long!

happy hacking!

Any chance you can repost the link? Thx

They were XORing the password? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the writeup, I have some passwords to recover this weekendā€¦

I have a ADC 721W camera added to my 7604 HikVision NVR but not able to get the motion detection to work. the camera is set up WiFi with ONVIF as mfg. What am i missing?

I have access to this cameraā€™s parameters and can update the firmware if need be, but wasnā€™t sure which Vivotek firmware to use or if that would brick the camera completely.

Any suggestions?

Please note we do not support Hikvision products nor unintended use of Alarm.com camera models so in this case we would not be able to directly assist. Other users in the thread may have suggestions though.

Be interested in information to get my ADC520IR camera to work, downloaded the IW2 software but it never sees the camera, had it connect a few times on Ispy but now all I get is a green led flashing and in Ispy it has a image of network cable in red disconnected. Thanks
Any help here would be appreciated .

Note that we cannot officially support usage of ADC cameras with third party software, but this post earlier in this thread may be of some help.

Rive do you or anyone know here how I can put the vivotek firmware on the v700x? Iā€™m looking for some simple steps. Iā€™m thinking factory reset adc firmware then try to login and push the firmware Iā€™m just looking for confirmation on the steps.

Brian

March 2018 update: It seems that Alarm.com has modified their processes. My ā€œbackdoorā€ accounts from post #13 that I created before adding the camera to ADC no longer work (https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/root-password-for-camera/#post-12714).

I tried @ahmadnassriā€™s suggestions on decrypting the ADC password from post #31 (https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/root-password-for-camera/page/3/#post-78931) to no avail.

Now trying @ErebusBatā€™s reset suggestion from post #30 (https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/root-password-for-camera/page/2/#post-65382) to see if I can add the backdoor accounts in after removing the camera from ADC, and then seeing if they stick after adding the camera back in. All this in preparation for a new (third) camera and Skybell: does anyone know if Skybell can be added to SVR?

yes, I have same problem on unlock ADC 522IR same thing wonā€™t work, did you find the right default username and password