Reset to Default Questions

Good day

When I do a “Restore Defaults” does that also reset the zwave devices?

Reason I ask is I did the restore defaults and I am unable to use the zwave network

The 2gig panel in the past had zwave connections but now all of those are not active and I wanted to set up new ones. But anytime I try to go into the zwave settings it says “zwave is unavailable” “the panel is performing a zwave network check. Please try again later” The issue is this has been like this for over 30 minutes already

Thanks

I believe you would still need to use the Reset Controller option in the Zwave toolbox. I will have to test that. Reset Controller will wipe Zwave devices, but not clear them at the device side, so you would need to use your controller’s remove device function to re-enroll the previously used Zwave devices.

Have you power cycled the panel and tried to access the menu?

30 minutes is much longer than I would expect a network check to take, but if you previously had a large network and it is scanning for all devices (that it cannot reach) it may just be a waiting game.

OK thanks

I got this panel from a friend of mine and I know he had a bunch of zwave devices connected. The issue is I can not get into the zwave tool box. When I try it says it just says – “zwave is unavailable” “the panel is performing a zwave network check. Please try again later”

Just chatted with my friend and he had about 30/35 zwave devices connected to the panel before he gave it to me

That’s a fair amount. Network checks can take 3-5 minutes for only a few devices if communication is poor or devices are malfunctioning.

You won’t be able to access the Zwave menu until the check is completed. This is expected.

OK Thanks Jason

This does seem liek a flaw in the programming code. One should be able to reset ALL settings from a menu selection