Reset Ion plunger door sensors

Yesterday we lost power and the battery on the IQpanel didn’t last, so the panel was off for about 12 hours. When the power was restored all of the Ion plunger door sensors would not communicate with the panel. I deleted the sensors from the panel to rediscover them but I can’t figure out how to reset the sensors to get them to reattach.
How can I reset the Ion plunger door sensor so I can get it to reattach to the panel?

Thanks

It seems the RE112 smoke sensor won’t connect as well.

You do not need to reset or remove 319.5 sensors like you would with Z-wave devices.

Z-wave automation devices link to the panel. 319.5 sensors just broadcast and the panel listens for them. Something like the 319.5 Ion plunger could be programmed into any number of panels simultaneously.

Press Settings > Installer Code > Installation > Security Sensors > Auto Learn Sensor, and open one of the doors, does it not register at the panel?

If not I would guess you would have trouble with all 319.5 sensor transmissions. Try performing a proper reboot from the panel menu: Settings > Installer Code > Panel Reboot.

I tried a reboot and then did the auto learn again but the panel won’t pickup any of the sensors including the smoke alarm. Is there anything else I can try or a setting I should check?

Thanks

One thing I just noticed is that the date on the panel says January 1 1970. I don’t see a place to set the date so I am thinking it is automatic. Is the panel malfunctioning?

I tried a reboot and then did the auto learn again but the panel won’t pickup any of the sensors including the smoke alarm. Is there anything else I can try or a setting I should check?

Was your power loss the result of a storm?

What are the model numbers of the sensors? Do you also use a repeater or wireless translator?

You mentioned the battery did not last. How long did the battery power the panel? Is the battery plugged in now? The panel is still showing a low battery so that may be indicative of a dead battery.

If the battery is connected, can you try powering down the panel? Settings > Installer Code > Power Down. Then unplug the battery. Unplug the transformer and plug it back in to boot up without the battery. Any change?

One thing I just noticed is that the date on the panel says January 1 1970.

This is just the default date of the IQ Panel when it has not been set yet. This would change once synced with ADC again.

There was a big wind storm that nocked out our power. The panel battery only lasted roughly 10 minutes, time for a new one.
The door sensors are ION Digital Micra-G.
I tried unplugging the batter like you asked and there seems to be no difference.

Thanks

Looks like there is one Z-wave device on the panel, out of curiosity are you still able to control that Z-wave device?

I think the next step in this case, as there should be no reason for the panel to not hear the 319.5 sensors, is to perform a factory reset.

Settings > Dealer Code (default 2222) > Installation > Upgrade Software > Master Reset.

After the master reset is complete, are you able to add the sensors with Settings > Installer Code > Installation > Security Sensors > Auto Learn Sensor?

The z-wave device is the thermostat and yes, it is working perfectly through the panel.
I did the master reset but no success, having the same problem.

Thanks

Alright, unfortunately it sounds as though the integrated sensor radio may be damaged. We will forward this to Qolsys to see if there are any additional possibilities.

I would expect a Master reset to resolve this unless the radio itself is damaged.

To clarify from a previous suggestion: I see you confirmed unplugging the battery, but not confirmation of fully powering off. Can you try that one last time, Settings > Installer Code > Power Down. Then unplug the transformer. Make sure the battery is unplugged as well and leave it powered off for at least one minute. Then power up with the transformer.

If that does not make a change, unfortunately I think the radio is likely damaged.

I did the steps that you said and even left the power and battery out for about 5 min with no luck.
Thank you for your help. With Qolsys is there anything that I need to do or just sit back and wait to hear from them?

Thanks
Keith

If the radio is damaged, which it sounds like it, the panel would need to be replaced. Damage from power surge/fluctuation is not accepted by the manufacturer for warranty.

Just to be absolutely certain, you’re not trying the Z-wave addition process with the 319 sensors, correct? Only the exact path in the previous post will get you to the sensor auto-learn process.

Try tampering by opening the sensor cover instead of activating as well.

It seems very strange to me that a power failure can damage the radio but not the whole unit, but so be it.
I ordered and have received the IQ2 panel how do I go about swapping the old panel for the new panel?

Thanks
Keith

It is not uncommon for components like the sensor or cellular radio etc., to be damaged from power surge. Unfortunately if you do not use a wireless translator there is little else this could be.

Have you begun to learn in the sensors to the new panel?

In order to link your new panel to your account, please submit the IQ Panel 2 IMEI number via secure message. Our team will then link the new communication number to your account and you’ll receive an email follow up with connection instructions. (Just running a cell phone test.)

I have added all the entry sensors and fire sensors with no problems except. The motion sensor on the other hand I cannot get it to connect, it is the QS-8100-P01. Is the QS-8100-P01 compatible?

That would be an Image Sensor manufacturer model number. What is the Alarm.com model number on the back of the Image Sensor? It will be at the top of the sticker.

It should be compatible, but the IQ Panel 2 does not by default include an image sensor daughtercard (the Image Sensor doesn’t use the same sensor radio as the other security devices). The Daughtercard is installed in the top hardware pin slot inside the panel. The model number is QC0003-840.