Request for a Feature that seems easy to implement and necessary

Currently if you disarm at a lock, you can only have it disarm the panel for all users. It does not recognize different users so its all on or all off.

This becomes problematic when it comes to the duress code. It would be great to have the ability to add the duress code into the lock (you currently can not even add the code) and have it send the police if entered.

But this is probably hard to program. I would think an easy things to do is to allow the setting “if the following users unlock…disarm panel” and allow the duress code to be stored in the lock.

Then allow for a separate rule just for the duress code that only unlocks the door, forcing you to have to enter a code at the panel. You enter the duress code again and police are sent.

I would think this would not be that hard to implement and I think many people would like the ability to not loose the duress code functionality if they want the door locks to disarm the panel

Then allow for a separate rule just for the duress code that only unlocks the door, forcing you to have to enter a code at the panel. You enter the duress code again and police are sent.

I would think this would not be that hard to implement and I think many people would like the ability to not loose the duress code functionality if they want the door locks to disarm the panel

I could not say how easy or hard it would be to create a lock code which cannot affect the panel. Not sure how much data the panel itself processes vs the lock. I want to say the lock and panel match users by user slot, not code, but I would need to check.

I will say I definitely agree that there is utility in this use case. I like it. Should you be forced to provide access to the home from outside of it, you do not want all user codes at the lock to auto disarm the panel, because that negates the usefulness of a duress code at the panel, no longer being in a position to use it. I’ll send this over to ADC to look into.

I too would request this feature. When my zwave lock disarms the house you have no idea who disarmed it, I always wondered if I programmed something wrong.

I have a rule set up to disarm the system when the front door is unlocked by user code.
My History shows the name of the person with the user code that unlocks the door - and the resultant disarm command. See Below

Front Door Opened/Closed 10:56 pm, Oct-29-2016
Panel Disarmed 10:56 pm, Oct-29-2016
Front Door Lock Unlocked by Bill 10:56 pm, Oct-29-2016

The problem is that the alarm system is issued a general disarm command regardless of user preventing you from making use of duress code.

Notice how in your history it just says “Panel Disarmed” instead of “Panel Disarmed By Bill”

On top of that, what happens if you don’t necessarily want someone to be able to disarm your alarm.

Lets say you are home or only away for 30 minutes and you want to let a pet sitter in to start taking care of your dog and you have to do this on a regular basis. You give him a code to unlock the door. Now he can always disarm your system too and there is no way to change that if you want to enjoy the feature where your lock disarms the panel

I see. I haven’t tried this but when I was setting up my locks it seems to me that I was able to create a code for the lock (in the lock setup - before the lock was learned by the system) that was not recorded in the alarm system. That code would unlock the lock but not affect the system. (I have Schlage BE469 locks).

Yes, you can choose to not have the locks in the ADC system and they will operate separately of the alarm and panel.

The problem occurs when you want to have the locks disarm the panel. In its current state, its either every user is treated the same and they all disarm the panel. (thus eliminating the duress code ability). The only code tracker is the lock. Once a good code is entered, the ADC system sends a genric disarm to the panel that is not specific to any user.

It is similar when you disarm from your iphone app. The security is getting into the app, once you are in, it just sends a generic disarm and in the log you will not see a user name when disarming from an iPhone with the app