Reprogrammed Devices - 2GIG GC3-Can't reinstall Zwave Devices

Hello,
After my 2Gig GC3 panel reverted back to factory settings, I DIY’d and reprogramed the wireless sensors including 2 entry doors, 2 sliding doors, 2 heat/smoke/freeze detectors, a carbon monoxide sensor and then I tried to delete/reconfigure the few Z-Wave devices I have including an ADC thermostat my Kwikset entry lock, and one light switch. My first issue is that I am not sure I got all of the programing correct with the wireless devices as I cannot set my alarm from the ADC app. My second issue is that I have not been able to reconfigure the Zwave devices. Can someone from Surety please review my configurations?

Thank you,
-Daniel Weiner

Nothing in sensor programming jumps out at me as being problematic. I do see a few instances where a remote arming command resulted in an Arming Failed status.

Have you tried arming the panel locally? Does arming at the panel work as expected?

Can you try sending a reboot command to your panel first through the System Manager here, then wait 10 minutes and try arming again?

Regarding Z-wave devices, have you used the remove device function first before trying to add them back? Z-wave devices like locks, lights, and thermostats would need to still be removed, as the factory default would clear them from the panel but their own saved network link (saved in the devices themselves) would still be there. You would just use “Remove Device” on the GC3 first, trigger the Z-wave device, the panel will indicate a device was cleared, then you can use Add device to include that Z-wave device to the GC3 panel.

Jason,

I will go through the trouble-shooting actions you have recommended including a reboot command.

Regarding the Z-wave devices, I tried again and again to remove the z-wave devices but my panel doesn’t (re) find them and I cannot figure out why/how to delete the devices internal network by any means.

FYI, I did go ahead and bring the panel’s Firmware up to the latest…first installing 3.0.2., then 3.2.1.

Thank you,
-Dan

Regarding the Z-wave devices, I tried again and again to remove the z-wave devices but my panel doesn’t (re) find them and I cannot figure out why/how to delete the devices internal network by any means.

Are you triggering the device’s pairing mode while the panel is searching for devices to remove?

When putting the panel into remove devices mode, it is just listening for device transmissions, not actively searching for nearby devices. You need to individually activate each device’s pairing mode. This typically means flipping the switch a couple times for lights, but locks and thermostats have a specific pair process to follow depending on the model. It is the same process you would follow to then Add the device.

Jason,

Rebooting the panel remotely via the web portal did the trick! I was able to use the Alarm.com app to set the system, and use the panel to find and delete the z-wave devices (and then add them back)! I guess the old adage still holds true, “when in doubt, REBOOT!”. One big bonus from my perspective is because I brought the panel’s firmware up to date, now the ADC thermostat reads the relative humidity and displays it on my app! Thank you for your help!

-Dan