Replacing GC2 with Qolsys 2+

Does Surety sell the 2+ panel with the 345mhz card, I can’t find it in the store anywhere?

I don’t have a ton of sensors, but I’d rather continue using them if possible. My BE469NX locks appear to be a tossup if they’ll continue working. There’s a thread on here where it sounded like someone had them working and they are on the list for the Gen1 panel. Seems odd they would remove it if it was already working. Not a deal killer as I currently only use automation to lock them with arm stay if unlocked; not going to spend another $600 to replace them with a functionally identical lock.

I had been planning to replace my TS1 with a failed touchscreen with a new one with my current GC2 system. To get a new one with a known firmware is going to cost around $120, plus by the end of the year I’ll need to replace my Verizon 3G model with an LTE one for another $120. Seems like it’s going to make more sense to bite the bullet and upgrade and take advantage of all the new functionality with a new panel especially since I don’t have confidence in the touchscreen on the main panel not failing at some point soon as well.

Does Surety sell the 2+ panel with the 345mhz card, I can’t find it in the store anywhere?

Its not on the store front, but we do offer it, a direct link can be found here. Keep in mind you do not have to purchase compatible products from us in order to use our service.

My BE469NX locks appear to be a tossup if they’ll continue working.

Its may work although we are unable to test compatibility.

The BE469ZP is tested as compatible through Qolsys, as evidenced by this compatibility guide.

If a new secondary panel is needed, the IQ Remote is compatible with all versions of the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+.

don’t have confidence in the touchscreen on the main panel not failing at some point soon as well.

Is there a reason for this? Is the screen acting up? You may need to clean the screen or recalibrate it. Options for both can be found locally by navigating to Security > Menu > Toolbox > Clean Screen and Calibrate Touch Screen

That’s how my TS1 failed. From what I can tell of it’s current behavior the touchscreen thinks it’s always “pressed” somewhere. TS1 was in our entry hall and the CP in the master. For a while it would sometimes work, so we physically swapped it out with the main CP and had it primarily acting as just a visual indicator of the alarm status and could usually still arm at night from the bedroom as it didn’t require many presses. After about a month of that you could no longer do anything, and the backlight never turns off.

Does the IQ Remote also have a built-in glass-break sensor like the main panel? Don’t see it listed so I’m assuming no. Also, is there any indicator LED on it, or do you have to make the screen for status?

Does the IQ Remote also have a built-in glass-break sensor like the main panel? Don’t see it listed so I’m assuming no.

No built in Glass Break on the IQ Remote. Video to panel, Z-Wave control and built in cam for disarm photos however.

One more question, was about to checkout this morning and the cart is giving me a warning that the additional 2Gig sensors I have in the cart aren’t compatible with the panel in the link above. I assume that’s just a glitch in the cart assuming all Qolsys panels are 319Mhz?

Hey, looks like that was an error on that product, we just made an update to it. Try refreshing your cart and check again. There shouldn’t be any issues with 2GIG Sensors and the 345 panel.

Thanks for confirming and fixing the product for the cart. Placed my order shortly afterwards.

Was not expecting to have everything show up the next day already! So from what I can gather, I’ll send in a secure message with the IMEI of the new cellular card from the panel when it arrives to have you guys switch things over. Do I need to do anything in prep for that with the GC2 panel, or just shut it off and power the new one up and send the info over? I’m guessing it will probably be tomorrow as I’m west coast and UPS usually doesn’t deliver before 2pm which is when you close.

No need to send us the IMEI directly. You can actually perform the IMEI swap in your Surety System Manager at any time 24/7 by selecting the Swap Cellular Module/Panel option.

After swapping the IMEI you will be prompted to run a cell test to connect your new panel.

The only prep you would want to do would be using the Remove Device function on the 2GIG Panel on each of your Z-wave devices (lights, locks etc.). This will clear the parent network info in each device allowing you to add them to the new panel.

You can also do this with the new panel instead, using “Clear Device” first before “Add Device” when pairing your Z-wave devices.

Perfect! You guys have been great over the years with anything I’ve ever had a question about. Couldn’t ask for better support. Thanks again!!

You are very welcome!

Just wanted to follow up and close out this thread after making the switch. Overall everything was pretty straight forward with learning the sensors into the new panel. Had one or two where it defaulted in the wrong loop#, but all very easy. I’m happy to report that while not explicitly on the compatibility list, my BE469NX locks paired in without any issue. One of the best improvements from the GC2 is the fact that Z-Wave automation and reporting is almost instant compared to usually a couple minutes with the GC2. A lock is unlocked and the panel can announce right away. Not sure how much is WiFi, or better Z-Wave, but it’s great. The biggest downside on the IQ 2+ are the disarm stay beeps, but, working around that using phone/watch disarm when needed in the AM to avoid the noise. A nice to have would be the option to select the page order (Arm/Disarm, Locks, Thermostats, Lights, etc) and/or edit the Home Control page to be a little more helpful than it just picking one light, one lock and one thermostat itself.

The biggest downside on the IQ 2+ are the disarm stay beeps, but, working around that using phone/watch disarm when needed in the AM to avoid the noise.

We’ve sent this feedback to Qolsys a few times, including recently. They have heard that from other users as well and are looking into options.