Replacement for 2Gig GC2

What panel can I upgrade to from a 2Gig GC2 that will still work with my 2Gig sensors? New panel doesn’t have to be 2Gig.

Thanks,

D

The 345mhz version of the IQ Panel would be my recommendation. 345mhz is the frequency that 2GIG and Honeywell use.

Surety sells it here: Qolsys IQ Panel 4 (2GIG & Honeywell 345MHz) - Surety

Note that it will only work with standard 345mhz sensors. Any newer E-series encrypted 345mhz sensors would have to be replaced. However, if you just have the standard GC2 panel currently, it’s likely that all of your sensors are standard and will be able to be re-used.

1 Like

As the above poster said, the IQ Panel 4 with 345Mhz would be compatible and that is the panel we would recommend as replacement. Looks like you have standard 2GIG sensors based on panel programming so you should be good to go.

IQ Panel 4 345Mhz version.

Once you have your new panel you can swap the panel IMEI associated with your account at any time in the system manager here. This will allow your new panel to connect to your current Alarm.com account and remove the old one.

Follow-up question: what determines which cellular service (Verizon, AT&T) can be used with the IQP 4?

Thank you,
D

Follow-up question: what determines which cellular service (Verizon, AT&T) can be used with the IQP 4?

The cellular radio is built into the IQ Panel 4 and is not removable. The IQ Panel 4 part number denotes which RF radio is installed and what carrier network the cellular radio is on.

IQP4003 - IQ Panel 4 with 345MHz radio on the Verizon Network
IQP4006 - IQ Panel 4 with 345MHz radio on the AT&T Network