Replaced IQ Panel, Connecting with Alarm.com

I replaced my IQ Panel 2 with an IQ Panel 2+ so I could use Power G sensors. Everything works great! The range of the Power G is impressive. The only thing left is to reconnect to Alarm.com. I assume I’ll have to contact ADT to have the wireless reconfigure but I do have internet and I would have thought alarm.com would recognize my location but There are no activities from the panel since I changed it out. I’d rather not deal with ADT but I’m thinking I have no options. Can you verify this is the case? Thanks

To clarify, are you remaining with ADT service?

If so, yes, you would need to contact them and they can help associate the new panel IMEI to your account. Your panel would not be able to communicate to Alarm.com without doing so.

Surety is an Alarm.com service dealer, like ADT.

(FYI, Surety gives users the ability to swap the communicator tied to their system themselves at any time via our website)

I will say Surety is a lot better option than ADT I had surety at 2 locations and love the service but I changed to a new company cause all my equipment needed replaced but I know eventually I will come back surely

Jason, I have a contract with ADT and they are the reason I was “Driven” to update the system myself. (Hit by a tornado and needed to redo security system … long story) I will be looking at other options when the contract expires but for the moment I’m using ADT. Thank you for the quick response!

Thanks… nice to have other people’s opinions. I’ll keep Surety in mind.

Happy to help! Hopefully they can get you connected again quick!