RE211 unreliable with IQ2+ via RE524X

I just received my new Qolsys IQ2+ from you and have been enrolling my existing 2Gig sensors via the translator. So far I am seeing some issues with the RE211 sensors, of which I have many. I have one the continues to report a tamper or that the sensor is “open”…even though I am not even aware of the RE211 supporting tamper detection, and the attached window is definitely not open. My 2Gig panel with the same sensor enrolled is not reporting any of these issues.

This may have been due to the RE524X being in test mode still, I will monitor this more and report back. My plan was to get all sensors enrolled and configured (and verify they work reliably) before switching this to be my active panel on my account.

This was resolved, I will warn that anyone that is going down the path of using a RE524X as a translator to test/verify each learned sensor repeatedly…especially if you are not the only person (or pet) “home” when learning is performed. I fear for anyone that has neighbors with sensors with the same brand of sensor as you are translating, as it is very easy to get errant sensor input while trying to learn in a specific sensor. (e.g. PIR triggers by a pet or person while trying to learn in a D/W)

I fear for anyone that has neighbors with sensors with the same brand of sensor as you are translating, as it is very easy to get errant sensor input while trying to learn in a specific sensor. (e.g. PIR triggers by a pet or person while trying to learn in a D/W)

Ah, yes this is always a bit of an issue with learning in sensors that are already mounted. It is often a good idea to take down motion detectors temporarily to learn in the rest of the system, then learn in the motions one by one.