RE204 Alternative or Replacement

It appears the Resolution Products RE204 has been discontinued. I was hoping to find another option or find out how to get one that might allow me to get the following benefit from the driveway sensor.

Some advantages of using an RE204 with a 2GIG system would be:

The chime sounds on all your touch screens – the main control panel and the TS1’s.
You can get Alarm.com notifications from an RE204.
You can trigger Alarm.com rules or 2GIG scenes with an RE204.

Thanks!

Afaik the RE204 is indeed discontinued. We’ve stopped selling that product a good while before it was discontinued though.

Actually in a very high percentage of installations we found that the RE204 was an ant magnet. Ants would enter and bring moisture into the housing, corroding the battery terminals.

There are no replacement models from Resolution. Apparently one or more of the parts they used to build the RE204 are no longer available.

There are no other compatible models I know of that replicate the function.

Alternatively, you might find a hardwired driveway sensor which can have its contact closure be monitored by a sensor with a wired input, like the DW10 or DW30.

Just a suggestion, The Guardline® Motion detector does provide an Auxiliary set of terminals for connection to other relays/devices. As Jason mentioned previously this could be integrated with the use of the DW10 and be monitored with your alarm system. I’m not endorsing the Guardline® because I do not have experience with it. But it does appear to be a workable solution for your situation.

I am also in the market for sensors to monitor my driveway, I’m going to continue to look for solutions for burial as I’d rather not have motion sensors above ground. Our animals (Live Stock) would likely give lots of false triggers with a motion sensor. I’ll be installing a similar underground setup once I find a suitable sensor for integration with the wired DW10 sensors. Once i get something figured out I’ll share the result.