RE109 Glass Break

I just set up a RE109 glass break I ordered last week. But I have a couple of questions.

• I get the sensor enrolled no problem and when I do a test it triggers the alarm.
  • The problem I am having is that I don’t see the RE109 in the Alarm.com app.
  • I can see it on the panel and on the website – however, it does look a little different on the website. The other glass break sensors read “OK (Idle)” but the RE109 just reads (OK).

All my other glass break sensors are the Qolsys S Line, so not sure what the typical behavior is for other sensors.

Is this behavior normal with the RE109 or is there something I need to check in the settings?

Thanks.

I’m not seeing a related suretyDIY subscription, is that correct?

I can see it on the panel and on the website — however, it does look a little different on the website. The other glass break sensors read “OK (Idle)” but the RE109 just reads (OK).

If you do not use suretyDIY as your provider we wouldn’t be able to confirm programming, but how it shows up in Alarm.com is going to be based on how it is programmed in the panel.

Sensors programmed as Motion Detectors and sensor group 17 will show as (Idle) or (Activated) in ADC. Sensors programmed as Glass-Breaks or sensor group 13 would show up as just OK. Glass Breaks are not valid activity monitoring sensors and at this time will not show up in the app status list when programmed appropriately (similar to smoke detectors).

I would guess that the other three you are referring to are programmed as motion detectors instead, but I cannot be sure without access. What do you see under programming for those zones if you go in and edit the sensor? What sensor type and group are chosen?

Hmm, interesting. When programmed as a Glass Break Group 13 I’m not seeing what you are seeing. Although I see discrepancy in accounts and it looks like the difference is likely based on sensor installation date in this case.

Glass Breaks are no longer eligible for activity monitoring (not terribly useful for activity notifications and do not remain open) but in the past they could be selected for Activity Monitoring. I would guess that detectors with an install date prior to this change will show idle. I’m not sure when the actual change took place as there is no direct reference to it in ADC.

Ultimately the RE109 is reporting as I would expect it to now.