Re: Surety View Plan Discontinued

Interesting timing on this as I was just coming to the forum to check into a couple things with regards to plans. I’m trying to understand if my current plan (and panel for that matter as I’m running an IQ2) would be compatible with the new cameras (particularly the video doorbell) or if I’d need to upgrade either plan or panel. Looking at subs, my current plan shows as the Surety Home (with monitoring) plus the SuretyView for 4 cameras. I currently have an older Pan & Tilt camera that I do still use, but I’m looking to add a doorbell, and possibly eventually the Wide View AI indoor and 1 outdoor.

With the AI camera, would I need to change the plan to work with that, or would it work with my existing? I don’t have any VMD rules in place (at least not that I recall).

Existing Alarm.com accounts are not affected by the discontinuation notice.

However if you are looking to add an ADC-VDB770 doorbell camera, you would need to switch to the Complete plan as that model requires video analytics to function. It is the only model to which this applies so far.

If I’m reading that right, the Complete plan has everything I currently have (including the addons) in the base price, correct? So I’d go from $26/month to $29?

That’s correct, if you have Home plus video, Complete is the same plus extra clips/month, SVR/SD Onboard recording support, and video analytics.

1 Like

And since the panel doesn’t interact with the cameras, I assume there’s no conflict with me currently using an IQ2?

The panel model does not impact video device compatibility.

Thank you for the update.

Although your explanation is clear, I am not clear as how this applies directly to me

I have the 770 doorbell and I believe signed up with the doorbell only video add on plan.

Therefore am I correct to assume that this change doesnt really affect me in anyway include the rules I have created.

I think my confusion lies in not understanding the differences between motion detection and video analytics. It appears that video analytics incorporates motion detection?

The statement about availability for VMD does not in any way affect your existing account, this change only impacts new customer accounts.

Video Analytics actively detects and distinguishes between people, animals, and vehicles to reduce nuisance alerts. Combined with virtual tripwires and fenced-in activity zones, you can enhance perimeter security and gain more insight into activity on your property The VDB770 requires VA and does not use VMD.