Re-pairing smart thermostart to IQ4 panel?

I am in the process of replacing my old 2gig panel with the IQ4. So far everything is going OK, but I am a little confused regarding my thermostats. I can’t seem to get them into pair mode.

Was I supposed to unpair the thermostats from the old panel? If so, is it the same process as unpairing a regular Zwave device?

Answered my own question-- had to unpair from the old panel.

However, while I have your attention…

I’m not seeing 3 of my Zwave devices on the app or website. They show up on the panel. Remove/reinstall? (Front House, Backyard, and Garage Lights).

One other question-- how do I remove sensors? I go to advanced settings, installer code, but I don’t see an “installation” (drill icon) on my panel like I see in some IQ2 tutorial videos.

I’m not seeing 3 of my Zwave devices on the app or website. They show up on the panel

There is commonly a short delay between adding Z-wave devices to the system and when the panel reports them to Alarm.com.

You can send a command to sync the device list from within the Surety System Manager here.

I go to advanced settings, installer code, but I don’t see an “installation” (drill icon) on my panel like I see in some IQ2 tutorial videos.

If you do not see Installation then you are not entering the Installer code. The master user code will not access installer settings.

The default installer code is 1111. If you have changed this code and do not remember it, you can reset it remotely, also in our system manager.

I was not entering the installer code— all good now as far as that goes. However, I still have a couple of issues:

My “garage door” sensor shows its open but it is closed. I tried uninstalling but that didn’t work.

Secondly, the three zwave devices I mentioned are still not showing up to n the app. I think I might have an idea what part of the issue might be. All 3 of the zwave devices are switches. When I added them to the panel I was prompted to enter part of the serial number of the device or scan a QR code (see pic below). The packaging of these devices hit the landfill years ago. I proceeded by making up a random number. The panel didn’t seem to mind and the devices worked fine from the panel.

I’m assuming I need to unscrew the switches and find the serial numbers on the switches? Could that be a reason I’m still not seeing the devices on the adc app?

There does not appear to be any sensor labeled just “Garage Door”

There is a “Garage Side Door” that is currently showing open. If you are using a wireless 345 Mhz door sensor’s reed switch, then it looks like you probably have the wrong loop. It is currently programmed as Loop 1. If it is using a reed switch those are usually Loop 2 for 345Mhz door contacts. If you provide the model number of the sensor in reply I can confirm, but it is an easy test.

When I added them to the panel I was prompted to enter part of the serial number of the device or scan a QR code (see pic below).

The panel is requesting the first 5 digits of the security key. The DSK is required for S2 security devices. Filling in random numbers will not work. They will not report properly.

You’ll need the DSK from those devices. It may be printed on the device itself.

Alternatively, when first adding the device, does the panel prompt you to use S2 or S0 security? If so, try just selecting S0.

Hi Jason,

After retrying the zwave switches a couple times everything is working properly. I didn’t change anything that I know of just reinstalled a few times until it stopped prompting me for the serial numbers upon pairing.

However, the garage side door still does not work correctly. When I try to switch it to loop 2 is says that it’s always on that loop. I can switch it to loop 1 and 3 but it won’t go on loop 2.

When I try to switch it to loop 2 is says that it’s always on that loop.

I’m not picturing what you mean here. Can you post a photo of the message you are seeing?

Sure. Here is the message:

Ah, that means you already have that sensor’s TXID programmed as a different zone on the panel using that loop.

In this case, looking at your sensors, you have 099-6649 TXID as the “Back Door” as well. double check your programming for those zones and make sure the TXID for your sensors is correct.