Re-learn sky panel sensors

Hi all,

I moved in to a house that had Vivint Sky Panel https://images.vivintcdn.com/global/vivint.com/Support/ProductImage/560x410skycontrol-panel3.8.png but I didn’t have any access and didn’t want to take over the previous owner’s contract.

I removed the cell module, reset the panel (using the reset button inside) and I was able to set a new installer code.

Obviously, I lost all the configuration. Now when I try to add the previously connected sensors, it’s not working.

I tried both methods:

• “Add Devices” (without using the installer setup) and Vivint detects the device in the first step then it stays stuck in “Verifying connection” https://imgur.com/M67BByf
  • “Installer menu” using D11-345 as the equipment and the learn functionality worked fine but the panel doesn’t detect if the sensor is open or closed.

I bought one D10-345 sensor and it worked right away.

Any thoughts on why I can’t reuse the existing sensors? Is there an option to “reset” the sensors? Is there a different type of panel reset?
Can I reinstall the cell module and try adding them agaim? Does Vivint has a way to lock the Panel?

Really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Hello, while we are happy to provide assistance where possible, note that this is a technical support forum for suretyDIY and Alarm.com compatible products.

We cannot provide tech support for products that are incompatible with our service. The Sky panel is not supported.

Any thoughts on why I can’t reuse the existing sensors? Is there an option to “reset” the sensors? Is there a different type of panel reset? Can I reinstall the cell module and try adding them agaim? Does Vivint has a way to lock the Panel?

We cannot support the panel you are referencing, however, one general thing to look for is the loop number. If a loop number is used, this determines the function of the sensor that the panel is listening for. If set to the wrong loop, the sensor would learn in fine but not report properly.

For example, the DW10 must be learned as Loop 2 for it to signal based on its internal reed switch opening and closing. Loop 1 is its wired input.

The DW11 may be the same or different. You would need to consult documentation or try a different loop.