Random Beeping Noise on 2GIG Panel

Hi -

I have a 2gig control panel with my suretyCAM DIY service. Over the past several months of owning the system I have noticed that the panel every so often will beep a seemingly random single beep. What is the cause of this and what does it mean? When I hear the beep I am suspicious it may be an indication someone may be using the 2-way voice functionality to snoop in on our conversation but that may be a slightly paranoid view. I know that no doors or any sensors are changing state (e.g. door open/close) when the beep occurs. Typically we are just sitting inside the house so only the motion sensors would be detecting anything but the system is disarmed so from our perspective nothing should be causing the beep.

Please let me know.

Thank you

When I hear the beep I am suspicious it may be an indication someone may be using the 2-way voice functionality to snoop in on our conversation but that may be a slightly paranoid view

Outside parties do not have control over two way voice. The panel must initiate the connection via an Alarm.

The panel will beep once during a sensor test, and that single beep will repeat. Trouble conditions will be a series of beeps, although there may be an intermittent issue which resolves itself quickly.

First thing to check: Have you looked at the history on the panel to determine if any alerts have been documented? Menu - Toolbox - Master Code - System History.

Have you power cycled the panel to see if that resolves the issue?

I had an issue with mine doing that. But mine occurred same time everyday. It was the CS test that would fail- I had changed the 30 day default test period to daily test period, and there was some kind of glitch. Surety resolved it quickly.

After I replaced my panel, same issue popped up again.

Like Jason said, look at your history, and it will likely tell you what caused the beep/trouble.

You might want to also do a system test, make sure everything is functioning properly, and check all your sensor signals, as well as the cellular signal. Weak signals are something you want to resolve.

I have the same lower hertz single beep happening. It is very infrequent. So infrequent, in fact, I didn’t realize it was the panel at first. It didn’t happen before I had SuretyDIY. I am wondering if it is the messages being sent to the panel (got a couple after signing up with SuretyDIY). I think it might be letting you know you have a new unread message. I deleted all the messages this morning; will wait to see if I hear the beep again.

Messages must be acknowledged by either deleting them or marking them as having been read using the checkbox on the message screen.

If you have a message, an envelope symbol will flash on the security page. If you have a trouble alert, a flashing triangle symbol will be on the security page.

I have no clue what the beep beep is. I have marked the messages read, deleted them, I have nothing informative in the system history except informational messages about arming/disarming the system.

From the panel home screen, press security.

Do you see a yellow triangle with an exclamation point? Press that, then press OK.

You might also try power cycling the panel.

I do not see any current trouble conditions, but if one was never acknowledged you might still hear reminder beeps.