RainBird Irrigation issue

My RainBird irrigation shows all my zones as numbers and not the names that I had set up in my rainbird controller. Alarm.com also shows 8 zones and I only have 6 set up and showing in my rainbird. also in alarm.com app no rain delay is all screw up. you can select delay but top is cut off and you cant go back to no rain delay.

My RainBird irrigation shows all my zones as numbers and not the names that I had set up in my rainbird controller

This is normal. Rain Bird doesn’t automatically share these names. You can manually edit each zone name in Alarm.com under Settings > Devices.

Do you have the ESP-TM2 or the ESP-Me?

If the ESP-TM2, is the face plate top section all shades of green, or is it multi-colored?

I have st8x-wifi and it uses same wifi module as ESP-TM2 and ESP-me. I tough you will have more control this is extremely limited almost unusable. dose not even report last watering time. Do you know if Rachio has better support ?

The ST8X is just not compatible with ADC integration. I can’t guarantee how it will behave.

The Rain Bird models that are compatible are the ESP-TM2 (must have all green buttons) and the ESP-ME (must be newer than November 2016)

With Rachio there aren’t any specific versions which aren’t compatible, all generations of their controller work with ADC.

@jwcsurety

st8x-wifi uses same LNK WI-FI module as ESP-TM2 same part number from rainsoft. when I talk to there tech support they sad that panel doesn’t matter it’s LNK WI-FI module that dose. and WI-FI module does not know the difference between panels. it send its information same way. Rain-bird only makes one version of the WIFI module and one version of the software. So what they saying essentially that you can take any of there panels that accepts LNK WIFI module add it on and makes it compatible with any system that is compatible with ESP-ME or ESP-TM2. Thay sad that they simply never update alarm.com list. Once I have module install my rainbird app did enable toggle for alarm.com in the settings.

Just FYI directly from rainbird

I just want it to be clear to all users here that it is not compatible at this time. (It may be in the future)

Please be sure to verify third party device compatibility with Alarm.com or your Alarm.com dealer.

The compatible Rain Bird models that will work with Alarm.com as of this post:

ESP-Me with LNK Wi-Fi Module after November 2, 2016
ESP-TM2 with LNK Wi-Fi Module with Green Buttons.

I’ve pushed this as a feature request to ADC, but there is no current timeline for the ST8X from what I was told. It’s entirely likely it’ll be supported soon, but I just can’t say definitively.

Unfortunately the model has not been tested and verified by Alarm.com and we can’t guarantee how it will function. If Alarm.com does not state support I would not expect this device to function without issue and we can’t really expect troubleshooting to be effective.

@jwcsurety Like I sad I just try to share information that I have obtain from Rain Bird. hope alarm.com will updated there list as i think that is there flagship panel that is sold all over the place. other two are old and outdated panels that are not that popular any longer

Yeah I imagine it will be, I don’t have an ETA though. I tossed a few questions about it to ADC and I’ll follow up if we get some promising info here shortly.