Radio Thermostat CT110 and CT32 FW upgrade

What Z-wave Thermostats are supported by Alarm.com?

The models of Z-wave thermostat currently supported by Alarm.com are:

Alarm.com Smart Thermostat (ADC-T2000)
Stelpro Line Voltage Thermostat (STZW402, Version 01.06+)
Trane Z-Wave Thermostat (TZEMT400AB32MAA)
Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat (TBZ48D and TZ45D)
Linear Thermostat (GC-TBZ48)
Radio Thermostat CT110 (Z-Wave FW v10.6+ with Thermostat FW v01.01+)
Radio Thermostat CT32 (Z-Wave FW v10.6+ with Thermostat FW v01.02+)
Thermostat compatibility may be limited by the model and firmware of your alarm panel equipment. If you have any questions on what models you can use with your system, please ask on our forum!

I purchased (but not installed) 1 Radio Thermostat CT110 and a couple of CT32 units.

CT110: It came with Z-Wave FW v10.05 and Thermostat FW v01.01. Does SuretyDIY provision over-the-air FW upgrade?

CT32: I will receive the units in the next few days, but from the picture of item in the seller’s description, Thermostat FW on the unit is v1.00 and Z-Wave FW is not known. Again, can SuretyDIY update the FW over the air?

Thank you always for your help.

No, for the most part unfortunately Z-wave device firmware cannot be updated via OTA.

If the firmware (both tstat firmware and z-wave firmware) on my thermostats are not up to date (i.e., below ADC requirements), are there specific issues that I will experience?

Of the ADC supported thermostats, is the ADC branded one (T2000) the best in terms of integrating with Alarm.com network?

It seems, at least for Radio Thermostat models, you can’t even buy recently produced models with the recent firmware.

The models and firmware listed as supported by ADC mean that they are officially tested and supported on Alarm.com manufactured communication modules. ADC modules for GE panels and SEMs include the Z-wave radio on the module and are a good benchmark.

Other panels such as 2GIG and Qolsys have a built-in Z-wave radio. We’ve not tested earlier versions of the CT110/CT32 and could not provide exact expectations. It would always be best to follow ADC recommendations however.

Any model purchased as new from a vendor should be a more recent firmware. Old stock is always out there, but you may try requesting a more recently manufactured unit from the vendor to be sure.

Of the ADC supported thermostats, is the ADC branded one (T2000) the best in terms of integrating with Alarm.com network?

Yes, as ADC has control over the features of their Tstat it will likely be the focus for Tstat integration.