Radio Not Connecting

My Gocontrol2 panel has worked well for over a year that I have lived here. In the last month or two, I am constantly getting a “Radio cannot connect” warning message. I can not operate the panel through my alarm.com app on my phone. Each day I will get messages saying the panel has lost the connection, then I will get a message at some point that it has reconnected. Usually around midnight. It must be brief as when I try to access the panel In the morning with the app, functions will not execute their commands. I have crap cell coverage here but it always worked before. I even tried a complete power cycle to try and reset everything to see if that would help but no luck. I had to reset the time and trigger each device to get it to check each device and everything was recognized and confirmed with the exception of the smoke alarms and glass break detectors. How do I trigger those so that the panel will recognize them again. Help

What type cellular communicator is currently installed

I believe it is ATT with GSM signal

That might be problem 3g and cdma r nothing going out u will to upgrade the Lte communicator

How do I know for sure what I have? Also, how do I change out the communicator?

The big issue here is failed communication. If you are seeing the date and time not get set upon boot up (which happens automatically through Alarm.com) that means you have no connection after booting the panel.

Looking at the signaling history, it looks like you’ve had a great deal of near 0 signal strength readings and extremely high registration times lately.

I can confirm that this module is a 3G CDMA. 3G services will officially be suspended by the cellular carriers in 2022. Some areas will see signaling impacted leading up to that date.

At this point whenever a 3G module is having sustained signaling trouble, I would recommend upgrading to a 4G LTE. You can do so through your System Manager here. There will be a link to help obtain the new module and once you have the new module you can use the Swap Cellular Module option to associate the new one with your account.

There are a couple other things to try first to see if you can get the current module up and running again.

• Have you moved the panel? Is the antenna near house power cables?

• Power off the panel, transformer first, then internal battery, for a full 3 minutes.

• With the panel powered down, unplug the antenna and plug it back in to ensure it is firmly attached.

• If you don’t see positive results after booting the panel back up and testing signals after 10 minutes or so, try the steps in the video below:

I’ve powered down and there is still no difference.
As far as upgrading to LTE, is that a difficult switch? How do I know what firmware version I have?

No, physically swapping the module just involves powering off the panel and replacing the module inside. It is held down by two set screws.

Your panel looks to currently have the latest firmware 1.19.3.1, so you should be good to go with a swap.

The video below is an older one, but goes over replacing the module:

Ok. I purchased the new radio modem and installed it. I did a cell test and it seems to have connected fine. I still can not control my alarm and other home automation through the app. What do I need to do?

It looks like you have not done the cell swap on the back end. You will need to login to your Surety account and and access the System Manager feature. From there you can use the Module Swap tool to swap your Alarm.com account to the new 4G LTE module.

The cellular module number that you need for this step is the IMEI number, which is printed on the module and on the box it came in. It should be a 15 digit number

Once that step is complete, then run a cell test at the panel.

Ok, I did as you said and now things seem to be working. How does everything look on your end?

Thank you for your help!

Signaling looks good and stable. Very quick registration time values. Looks like you should be set!