Radio Modem Failure alarm

I received the number from customer service as you suggested but found out the following when I tried to add it to the ATT Microcell;

1. There is no exclude list/whitelist for the ATT Microcell. I called ATT to verify and they said this is true.

2. I tried to then add this number to the list of numbers supported by the Microcell but could not enter it. The number being added must be a valid ATT cell phone number. They someone know it is not.

?? Help.

I have the ATT Microcell Model DPH153-AT…(color White)

Basically, they edit out you being able to add any phone numbers to the managed list that is not a valid ATT Cell phone number.

Interesting, if it will not allow the number to be added to the list of approved users, you may not have any other options with an AT&T GC3 Module. All Verizon extenders we have encountered so far have worked well this way (with the panel phone added to the list of approved devices/whitelist), so it is good to know if this is in fact not possible with AT&T.

The problem you can run into with the cell network extender: your panel cellular module operates on an applicable wireless protocol. It finds the network extender and can try to connect thousands of times a day, getting denied each time. Inbound commands almost invariably fail and outbound commands are delayed.

If you need to use a cell extender for cell phone access and AT&T restricts the devices which can access the extender, (your AT&T module IS an AT&T cell phone, technically) I think there may be no other recourse but to use a Verizon GC3 cell sled.

There is no real way to stop the module from attempting to connect to the extender source.

Ugh…

Agree… I may need to buy a Verizon GC3 Cell Radio card… If I go this way, is it hard to switch over from ATT to Verizon with your service? What would I need to do to migrate over?

Not hard at all. Our team would just need the module number (on VZ it is listed as the ADC number).

Send an email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com with the module number when you are ready to swap. You would then just need to run a cell test after confirmation that the number has been swapped.

Question:

When I look at the Spec for the AT&T vs the Verizon 2gig GC3 CellSled on the 2GIG site, they are both listed as 3G (HSPA) cell telephone Modules.

Since the AT&T Microcell is a 3G product, do you think the Verizon CellSled will not be affected by the ATT MicroCell like the AT&T CellSled is currently being affected?

I am hoping that it will not… Would hate to buy another CellSled to just find out I still have the same problem.

Please advise.

Thanks

Ken

That’d be a typo. VZ sleds are CDMA. Verizon to my knowledge never implemented an HSPA network.

Fantastic… So it should work just fine.

Thank you.

I will order a new VZ cellSled right away.

Greatly appreciate all your help… Technical Support has been nothing but the best…

Thanks again

Has a new module made a definite improvement?

Yes it has… It works just fine and not a single error has been received since installing the new module.

Thank you…

That’s excellent! Good to hear!