Quick Sensor question - Alarm.com

Hi, my house is pre-wired for security – lots of glass breaks, door contacts, motion, heat/smoke censors, etc…

If i choose the Alarm.com basic package, am I going to know which censor is triggered, or if a door, contact, etc is open like I see in the app demos/videos? I always assumed every door, window, etc had to have special Alarm.com z-wave sensors (or something), not the standard wired censors most homes pre-wired for security have.

If the wired censors will give me this granule like feedback, how is the installer going to program all of this into my panel so it knows what each particular censor does?

Basically, I want to know if all the detailed level reporting and feedback I see in the Alarm.com demos is possible with standard door and window contacts, motion detectors, etc.

Thanks in advance.

If the wired censors will give me this granule like feedback, how is the installer going to program all of this into my panel so it knows what each particular censor does?

suretyDIY is a Do-It-Yourself Alarm.com service provider. We do not perform installation of the systems. I’m not sure if that’s what you meant, but just wanted to clarify.

If i choose the Alarm.com basic package, am I going to know which censor is triggered, or if a door, contact, etc is open like I see in the app demos/videos?

Most wired panels will connect many similarly located and like-purpose sensors in series because there is a limit to the number of wired zones the panel by itself will support.

The system would only be as granular as the wired installation: meaning that if you have 5 windows wired in series on a single Zone in the old panel, adding a Takeover Module and connecting the Zone as it is would give you the exact same level of detail. When any one of the sensors in that circuit opens, the Zone is tripped, and you cannot pinpoint which sensor triggered this.

If your sensors are wired in series at the old panel box and not in-wall, it isn’t too hard to remove all of them and use them individually if you are looking for as detailed of reporting as possible.

For example, the 2GIG Panel can have multiple TAKE-345 Takeover modules learned in, up to 8 wired zones each.