Questions regarding switch to suretyDIY

I have a gig2 Vivint system with locks,thermostat,lights, and camera that is currently monitored by them. When I switch to your service, will I have to reprogram these things? Will the camera still work with this app? What’s the best time to call Vivint and cancel before or after I set up with you?

Happy to help!

I have a gig2 Vivint system with locks,thermostat,lights, and camera that is currently monitored by them.

To confirm, Do you have the 2GIG Go!Control panel or the Sky Panel?

If you have the Sky Panel, it is not Alarm.com compatible, for more information regarding this topic, see this post here.

However, should you currently utilize the 2GIG Go!Control panel, you can find the necessary steps on how to switch to our service on this page. Please note, historically all modules sold by the provider you have named are locked to that provider, therefore a new module would be required. This post on our forum covers this topic in detail.

While you are not required to purchase equipment directly from us in order to use our service, we do offer the 2GIG 3G AT&T cellular module as well as the 4G LTE Verizon Module. Note the 4G LTE module does require firmware version 1.17 in order to be compatible.

Additionally, we do offer this switch to DIY kit, which may cover all you need if using the 2GIG Go!Control.

When I switch to your service, will I have to reprogram these things?
While I cannot speak to the policies of another service provider, typically sensor programming at the panel is not lost upon account cancellation. This would likely be the case if using the Go!Control panel.
Will the camera still work with this app?

Which camera do you have? Note that the existing Doorbell Camera from that service provider would not be compatible. A list of Alarm.com compatible cameras can be found here.

What’s the best time to call Vivint and cancel before or after I set up with you?

Service through suretyDIY does require an unregistered, Alarm.com compatible cellular module. This would be required before signing up for service through suretyDIY. You can utilize this Module Check Tool to determine the current status of your cellular module.

Ultimately, if using the Sky Panel, a new panel and module would be required to utilize service through suretyDIY.

If using the 2GIG Go!Control panel, a new unregistered cellular module would likely be all that is needed to start service.

Service through suretyDIY can be found here. It can be purchased with, or without, 24/7 Central Station Monitoring. You can find pricing, comparisons, as well as add ons toward the bottom of that page.

It’s not a sky panel. I got a new module that is not registered to anyone and checked on this site. Thanks for the help

The camera is a adc v520

If you have an unregistered Alarm.com module working on your panel, you would be ready to get started. Service through suretyDIY can be found here. It can be purchased with, or without, 24/7 Central Station Monitoring. You can find pricing, comparisons, as well as add ons toward the bottom of that page.

The ADC-V520 would need to be deleted from your old account before it could be reused with another Alarm.com account, but could then be used with the Alarm.com Cloud Video service add-on. You can include the Cloud Video add-on in the service purchase or add it later.