Questions Regarding IQ Remote Settings

My questions are related to the inability to customize the IQ remote experience, especially in nighttime mode.

We use the remote unit in our master bedroom, mounted on the wall by the light switch. We like our room to remain dark and quiet, unless there is an alert. We like to use arm/stay for all arming activities. With a big dog in the house, motion is a constant problem.

1. The photo frame start time…please allow a lower option. 5 minutes is the lowest, meaning if an arm/disarm (done by my spouse in another room or by the app) causes the remote unit to wake/brighten up, we have to wait for a minimum of 5 minutes until the unit goes back to sleep or get up and dim the unit ourselves (which defeats the purpose of trying to sleep).

2. If initiating an arm/stay at the remote panel, the countdown cannot be “dimmed” by hitting the side of the panel until the countdown completes. The user is locked out for 60 seconds…meaning I have to wait by the panel, cover the panel with my hands (hoping it does not wake up my spouse) until the countdown is finished (hoping not to bother my spouse who is sleeping). We do not keep our phones in the bedroom (I know, we are weird), so arming from the app is not an option.

3. I realize that any arm/disarm is most likely designed as a security feature to “wake up” the remote panel, but it is a pain when a spouse wakes up early, turns off the alarm with the app or from the master panel, and the remote panel shines bright in our bedroom for a minimum of 5 minutes. If an option were placed on the remote panel (where settings for nighttime mode are selected), and give the consumer the option of keeping those arm/disarm events dark on the remote panel, this would give the consumer some flexibility.

4. Please allow for an option at the remote panel to AS A DEFAULT turn of the beeping on a countdown during an arm/stay. I hate hearing the countdown all the time…and would prefer not to hit another key EVERYTIME I want to arm.

It really is a great system. HOping that future software updates might take some of these features into account.

Thank you for reaching out! We are always happy to forward all user suggestions and requests to manufacturers for feature enhancements!

I’ve sent these to Qolsys for review. We will post any reply here.

If initiating an arm/stay at the remote panel, the countdown cannot be “dimmed” by hitting the side of the panel until the countdown completes. The user is locked out for 60 seconds…meaning I have to wait by the panel, cover the panel with my hands (hoping it does not wake up my spouse) until the countdown is finished (hoping not to bother my spouse who is sleeping).
Please allow for an option at the remote panel to AS A DEFAULT turn of the beeping on a countdown during an arm/stay. I hate hearing the countdown all the time…and would prefer not to hit another key EVERYTIME I want to arm.

For these two, note that there is a setting in Settings > Advanced > Installation > Security and Arming on the primary IQ Panel 2 to allow you to Arm Stay with no countdown delay. If enabled, this would allow you to arm stay and immediately dim the screen manually. This would also have no countdown beeps.

Thank you for your response. Correct me if I am wrong. But, if I were to enable that option as you described, then I could not open my exit door (to leave or enter) without sounding the alarm. “Arm stay” is my preferred mode of security for when I stay in, as well as when I leave (because I have a large dog that ill set off the motion if I set armed away). What I am looking for is an armed stay mode that will not beep during the countdown, allow me to dim the remote panel during countdown, but also allow the 60 seconds of exit time, and 30 seconds of disarm time.

Correct me if I am wrong. But, if I were to enable that option as you described, then I could not open my exit door (to leave or enter) without sounding the alarm.

This is not 100% correct.

The Arm-Stay - No Delay option in the panel settings at the path above only affect the exit countdown. It means when arming stay at the panel, it will immediately arm.

Entry delay is unaffected by this setting.

The original question stated that you would have to stand and cover the IQ Remote to keep the light from being an issue (not leaving during this time) then turn the panel screen off.

To resolve that issue specifically, you can use the method described above.

If you also use arm Stay when leaving the home, then either arming via the app or a keyfob after exiting, or using the Quick Exit feature would allow you to exit without setting off an alarm. (Though the quick exit feature will beep)

I don’t think the manufacturer would implement an option where every indication of the countdown, if in effect, would be removable, but we are happy to pass along this as a request!

Jason…thanks for the clarification. It does provide me with additional options, which is certainly helpful!